Question Professor?

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Question Professor?

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

The university professor challenged his students with this question.

"Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes, he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir", the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are, then God is evil".

The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460° F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God.

God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name --- Albert Einstein

The Bible says:
If the Good News we preach is veiled from anyone, it is a sign that they are perishing. Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News that is shining upon them. They don't understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
We don't go around preaching about ourselves; we preach Christ Jesus, the Lord. All we say about ourselves is that we are your servants because of what Jesus has done for us. For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," has made us understand that this light is the brightness of the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:3-6

Jesus said "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." John 8:12

Any questions?
http://www.blueletterbible.com
http://www.calvarychapel.com
http://www.harvest.org
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

and i thought that that was going to be a long, great joke like this one:

Is Hell Exothermic or Endothermic?

This is forwarded from an OU graduate, citing one of Dr. Schlambaugh's final test questions for his final exam of 1997. Dr. Schlambaugh of the U. of Oklahoma Chemical Engineering Dept. is known for asking questions on his finals like: "Why do airplanes fly?"

In May 1997, the "Momentum, Heat, and Mass Transfer II" final exam question was: "Is Hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with proof." Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following: "First, we postulate that if souls exist, they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls also must have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it does not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for souls entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some religions say that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions, and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell.

With the birth and death rates what they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change in the volume of Hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of the souls and volume needs to stay constant.

[A1] So, if Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until....all Hell breaks loose.

[A2] Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase in souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until....Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Theresa Banyan during freshman year, that, "It'll be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and taking into account that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then [A2] cannot be true.....thus, Hell is exothermic."

The student, Tim Graham, got the only A.
stand tall, stand proud
every beginning is breaking it's promise
i'm having trouble just finding some soul in this town
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

Fvolfrine ... my preference is encouraging stories over jokes ... so here's one for you:

It was quiet that day, the guns and the mortars, and land mines for
some reason hadn't been heard. The young soldier knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week. As he was sitting there, he got out an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk.

Just then an army sergeant came in and said, "Why aren't you with the
rest of the platoon?"

The soldier replied, "I thought I would stay behind and spend some time
with the Lord."

The sergeant said, "Looks to me like you're going to play cards."

The soldier said, "No, sir. You see, since we are not allowed to have
Bibles or other spiritual books in this country, I've decided to talk to the
Lord by studying this deck of cards."

The sergeant asked in disbelief, "How will you do that?"

"You see the ACE, Sergeant? It reminds me that there is only one God.

The TWO represents the two parts of the Bible, Old and New Testaments.

The THREE represents the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost.

The FOUR stands for the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

The FIVE is for the five virgins that were ten but only five of them
were glorified.

The SIX is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and
Earth.

The SEVEN is for the day God rested after making His Creation.

The EIGHT is for the family of Noah and his wife, their three sons and
their wives - the eight! The people God spared from the flood that destroyed
the earth.

The NINE is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy. He cleansed
ten, but nine never thanked Him.

The TEN represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses
on tablets made of stone.

The JACK is a reminder of Satan, one of God's first angels, but he got
kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways and is now the joker
of eternal hell.

The QUEEN stands for the Virgin Mary.

The KING stands for Jesus, for he is the King of all kings.

When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one
for every day of the year.

There are a total of 52 cards in a deck; each is a week - 52 weeks in a
year.

The four suits represent the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and
Winter.

Each suit has thirteen cards - there are exactly thirteen weeks in a
quarter.

So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old
deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for."

The sergeant just stood there. After a minute, with tears in his eyes
and pain in his heart, he said, "Soldier, can I borrow that deck of cards?"

Please let this be a reminder and take time to pray for all of our
soldiers who are being sent away, putting their lives on the line fighting for us.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. John 15:13

I pray that God may bless you! O:)
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez