1st Annual Man-Olympics

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Ok I think I deserve more points because I joined a car club last night inadvertantly.

And this poses that age old question...

Does Buzz get any points whatsoever for anything? Or a negative point spread for general non social behavior and killing the moment?

I seriously think all the womenses should have a place on the board so they can be able to award Machismo points to the guys. We all put in like 10$ and at the end of the year the most manly of Men is awarded a steak dinner, a box of motor oil, duck tape, and like... a mystery gift.
-I don't need to prove my Machismo to anyone...I'll just kick their ass.
-Love everyone, trust no one.
-Live life like a sniper, you only get one shot so make it count
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

i like my steak medium well, ladies.

and i look forward to having plenty of motor oil years to come
stand tall, stand proud
every beginning is breaking it's promise
i'm having trouble just finding some soul in this town
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Oh it's on now.
Flamebo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Flamebo »

Hey, not a bad idea. I say we do it, winner gets a new name thing, aka how mine is "King Jager". Like sexiest man on the boards or whatever. Basically just need a chick(s) to step up and run the contest and decide the victor.

Set up a few differant events, like one event we can all post a pic of ourselves and get points based on sexiness and creativity...(deffinate deductions for photoshopping...damn nerds). Another event could award points based on most creative slogan or whatnot.

Sounds fun, so hopefully the rest of you guys agree, and a few girls decide to run it. If successfull, us guys could also run a contest for chicks.
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

HAHAHAH! I just got done watching viva la bam, and I could come up with some damn good competition ideas.
flamebo wrote:Set up a few differant events, like one event we can all post a pic of ourselves and get points based on sexiness and creativity...(deffinate deductions for photoshopping...damn nerds). Another event could award points based on most creative slogan or whatnot.
So get on it. The picture idea that is.

And ladies, I'm gona need your help with this one, b/c i'll have too biased of an opinion working alone. :wink:

"I am allowed to sexually harass my boss."

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."
Andrea
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Andrea »

In BigGunna's words "Oh It's on!" I will definantely help on judging.. We'll think of good competition ideas.. But yeah guys put in the sexiest pic of you to begin with and ladies we'll converse on events.. LOL
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Andrea wrote:In BigGunna's words "Oh It's on!" I...
I believe I said ... "Oh it's on now". Because before it wasn't on but now... it is. It's kind of like that episode of south park when the kids were dancing and got served. Apperently if you serve someone back then.. It's on. So if it wasn't on then, now... it's on.
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

minus 10 points to Gunna for not making any sense.

if you guys are serious about this, we need to put a list together of all of the guys who are "in."

So, if you want in on this contest of masculinity, just reply with "i'm in" or some other silly interpretation of said sentence along with your obligatory "i'm gonna win this competition because i'm the toughest blah blah blah..."

and let the games begin.
stand tall, stand proud
Flamebo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Flamebo »

Silly Interpretation- I'm in like a puny American lush at an Irish drinking contest!~ (with hope in his heart, but really there for the free booze, not the trophy!)

i'm gonna win this competition because i'm the toughest Jager pounder this side of liver damage. Booyah!
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

Flamebo wrote:Silly Interpretation- I'm in like a puny American lush at an Irish drinking contest!~
So an American at an Irish drinking contest, huh?

Does that mean that you are already out?
stand tall, stand proud
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

Andrea wrote:But yeah guys put in the sexiest pic of you to begin with and ladies we'll converse on events.. LOL
Get to it gentlemen, or us girls won't play nice.

Competition number 1:

Tell us about your girliest habit. If you were confident in your machismo, you would be willing to admit something.

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

I already said... it's on now. So I guess that is my silly interpretation. I would throw in my obligitory obligation however my sig speaks for itself.

As far as competition 1

I think my girliest habit is rubbing lotion on my hands. When I was dealing or mixing on the turntables I noticed that dry hands tend to slip across the wax. The moisture retains a better grip. So I have a bottle of Vitamin E lotion sitting in my bathroom. It has other purposes as well, I like to give backrubs. But before I do I warm up the lotion in my hands so it's not all cold when it touches her skin. Furthermore I have been complemented by women on how my hands are nice and soft. So that's my girlie habit... I use lotion.

Ps. I have retitled the thread
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

thanks for killing my 200th post there Gunna. It was on a roll. Oh well, I'll always remember what it could have been.

So, as far as contest #1 goes, I've seriously been thinking about this since it was first posted. What do I do that could be considered a "girlie" habit? Well, I don't wear make-up, paint my nails, get petticures, use hand lotions, sweet perfumes, or spend over $6 for a haircut. I've never been concerned with my cuticles, never shaved my legs or armpits, never gone to the coffee shop to talk gossip or check out the newest fashions. And if my clothes don't match, cool!

Actually, pretty much everything I do is man-centered, and I am comfortable enough in my machismo to admit that.

I do love to cook, however. Not that that is something that only women do, because I know just as many men who cook as I do ladies. In fact, many of the best chefs are men. So I don't consider that to be a girlie habit, just one of my passions. When I have the time and ingredients for it, I love to pull out the pots and pans and whip up a miracle in the kitchen.

So do I lose points for not having a girlie habit that I can think of?

Buzzman25 EDIT: Split the topics and kept Gunna's changed title.

Fvolfrine EDIT: Stop editing my posts, especially when all you want to do is state the obvious. And I've been informed that the candle that I burn at night can be considered a "girlie habit". But I just like to have me room smell like something other than sex and ferret.

Buzzman25 EDIT: That's the point. As a moderator, any and ALL changes you make to other users posts needs to be noted so that everyone knows what was done.

Fvolfrine EDIT: But you didn't split the topics, Gunna did, so all you were doing was restating what was already known. And editing my post.

Buzzman25 EDIT: Nope, Gunna renamed your 200 post to what this topic is now, he never split them. I went in and split the topics keeping the name that Gunna gave it and I changed your 200 post topic back to your title...or close to what it was. I don't think I've ever seen anyone but myself split topics.
Last edited by Fvolfrine on Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
stand tall, stand proud
Flamebo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Flamebo »

Competition number 1:

Tell us about your girliest habit. If you were confident in your machismo, you would be willing to admit something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My girlish habit is text messaging! Sorta. See with my girl living half way across the US, it isn't easy to stay close, so I'll send her little notes now and then to let her know I'm thinking of her, and that I care.
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

5 Points to Gunna. I wouldda given 10, but I've met a few men who have really nice hands...tho it's still uncommon enough to me considered girlie.

Fvolfrine: -5. It would have been -10 had you not admitted to your candle burning. It's a frou-frou scented glade candle that you use, wheras most guys just burn insence.

Flamebo: +10. Tho not uncommon for a guy to send random/sweet text messages, it takes balls for a guy to admit that his girl is special enough to acknowledge, and even moreso to comfortably admit it when his "bros"...or at least a bunch of other dudes around.