The Eye of the World - Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Eye of the World - Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

Post by Buzzman25 »

Well, I don't have a section for book reviews, so until I decide to change that, or move it into a category, I've got it here.

MaudDib125 has read the entire Wheel of Time series, books 1 - 10 and only needs to finish up the new book that is out, the prequel to the series. While I was down here in Southern California, I found that Schwez had also read it. Based off two of my friends reading the book, and enjoying it, I decided I'd give it a try.

In the beginning it's somewhat slow, but once you hit chapter 5, you'll find yourself drawn to find out what happens next. As you press on through the pages you are astounded by what happens and salivate for what is to come. I don't read much, because I've never found enjoyment from it, it was always homework that needed to be done, however I've found this book very rich and VERY rewarding.

If you liked Tolken's - Lord of the Rings books, you'll love this one! I'm now starting the second book The Great Hunt and am looking forward to another great adventure as the first.

I've also written a review and posted it here for anyone that is interested in getting an incite to what it is about.
The Eye of the World
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
Venus de Tahoe
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Venus de Tahoe »

I couldn't get into that book, I tried, I really did try because Mike just raved about it.
It's more sci-fi than fantasy which some people like better.
But to me, I guess nothing compares with The Song of Fire and Ice series.
But Mike said he couldn't get into the 1st book, despite Dedi's and my inistence. :x
"Nothing's gonna change my world."
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

I don't do nonfiction
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

BigGunna wrote:I don't do nonfiction
Well that's good, because the Wheel of Time series IS fiction.
fic·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fkshn)
n.

An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been invented.
The act of inventing such a creation or pretense.
A lie.

A literary work whose content is produced by the imagination and is not necessarily based on fact.
The category of literature comprising works of this kind, including novels and short stories.
Law. Something untrue that is intentionally represented as true by the narrator.
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

Venus de Tahoe wrote:I couldn't get into that book, I tried, I really did try because Mike just raved about it.
It's more sci-fi than fantasy which some people like better.
But to me, I guess nothing compares with The Song of Fire and Ice series.
But Mike said he couldn't get into the 1st book, despite Dedi's and my inistence. :x
What more sci-fi then fiction?
Its about swords and monsters and magic, lots of magic! How is that Sci-Fi!? LOL So far Mat is my fav character and don't worry Buzz in about 2 or 3 more books you'll find out why :wink:

As for a Game of Thrones it was just eh to me. I couldn't get through the early chapters I got into chapter 1 I think it was then it just dropped off hard. I am sure they are good books.
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Buzzman25 wrote:
BigGunna wrote:I don't do nonfiction
Well that's good, because the Wheel of Time series IS fiction.
Derrrrrrrrrrrr I hate it when I get home after work...

I only do nonfiction
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

MaudDib125 wrote:
Venus de Tahoe wrote:I couldn't get into that book, I tried, I really did try because Mike just raved about it. It's more sci-fi than fantasy which some people like better. ...
What more sci-fi then fiction?
Its about swords and monsters and magic, lots of magic! How is that Sci-Fi!? LOL So far Mat is my fav character and don't worry Buzz in about 2 or 3 more books you'll find out why :wink: ...
I know why you like Mat, it's the same reason that Jason likes Mat. He and I were talking about the books before I knew what he was talking about, so I have a lot of knowledge before I started reading. However, to give a surprise to others that have not read the books...I'll keep the little secrets that I know. ;)
BigGunna wrote: Derrrrrrrrrrrr I hate it when I get home after work...

I only do nonfiction
Eh, I guess that's cool. Non-Fiction would be fact, and that could give you information important to the real world, where as fiction is only imagination...but don't forget...freeways were fiction only to be created because of it. I like fiction because I can create a world in my head, that does not have to be bound by our laws here. It's kind of fun. Maybe I should make movies with all my daydream time... ;) :p
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Buzzman25 wrote:... It's kind of fun. Maybe I should make movies with all my daydream time... ;) :p
Didn't I tell your ass that years ago?
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Yep, you even bought me a book on how to write scripts, that's why I said it. ;)
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

didn't I tell you to read that back in high school.... damn guess my recomendations don't mean much eh
You're not your character class
You're not how much gil you have in the bank
You're not the airship you fly
You're not the contents of your item screen
You're not your fuggin' armor
You are the all fightin' all spellcasting heros of the world
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I think it was back in high school when I was given that book, and I'm assuming you conquered with Eric that I should read it. Maybe now that I've taken reading up as a hobby I'll snatch it up and see what it has to say.