Moving Sucks!

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

Sunshine
Troll
Troll

Moving Sucks!

Post by Sunshine »

This being the 2nd time in 6 months I've had to pack everything I own in to the back of my tiny car and move like 800 miles away, I have to say it sucks. How can I be expected to fit everything I own into my car? That's asking something impossible. Grrr...!!!
Nobody is a virgin. Life screws us all.
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

moving in college was even worse - every semester, off to a new room. Of course, I have a lifetime of moving to looking forward to, but that goes with the joy of seeing the world.
stand tall, stand proud
every beginning is breaking it's promise
i'm having trouble just finding some soul in this town
Sunshine
Troll
Troll

Post by Sunshine »

Yeah.... I think if I can manage this move then I should be able to manage any move. It's funny how you don't think you have that much stuff until you start packing it all up.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I move twice a year. I pack almost everything I own, and move down to Southern California, then after school's done, I move everything back home. I could say that I move 4 times but the move during Christmas is a partial move.

All I gotta say is that it sucks and takes a lot of time!
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Tell me about it. For a week there I was the master packer, sure it took me all day to pack, but it took me 1 1/2 hrs to unload. And then I had to do the same thing a week later with homegirl.

But I've been here a month and I still have shit in boxes. I realize I need more furniture since some of my stuff was so ghetto it wouldn't survive the Uhaul move, seriously ghetto. I need to paint these walls because I have a bigger place and the endless sea of white is driving me crazy. I don't know what to do with the extra room. And

I'm not going anywhere for at least a year because of the stress induced packing, unpacking, new job, new freinds drama dammit.

It's kind of funny that allot of us moved within a few weeks of each other. We need Mikey's opinion dammit!
Sunshine
Troll
Troll

Post by Sunshine »

When I first moved to Washington, Oh My Goodness! I thought I was outgoing and that it would be easy to make friends, and I was so wrong. It was hard making new friends, finding a new job, and ti weird living out of boxes, I think I got everything unpacked outta boxes like a month ago and now its all just going back into boxes.
At least I'm moving to a place where I know people and don't have to worry about new friends, job, etc.

Where is Mikey???
Lady Draven
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Lady Draven »

Sunshine wrote: Where is Mikey???
Davis....I think.....
That which does not kill me.... makes me stronger
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Aye, Mikey is in Davis, and he is without Internet. He just called today to figure out how to get it, and hopefully he'll have it within the month.
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

Moving! AHAHA! I've done my share of that in the past 3 years.
I NEVER know when I'm on the move again...so I never get too comfy in one place.
Needless to say, packing my stuff--[organizing and throwing out being the worst parts for an ADHD kid like me]--figuring things out--[missing flights if you consider one move i made. GAH!]--and helping my ferret readjust...never any fun!

"I am allowed to sexually harass my boss."

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."
Sunshine
Troll
Troll

Post by Sunshine »

So after 3 days of packing all my stuff up and thinking how I am going to get it all to Tahoe, I finally fit everything I own in the back of my little car. Now all I have to do is make the drive from Washington to Tahoe. Wish me luck!
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Good luck!

Drive safe!

Happy Moving!
Sunshine
Troll
Troll

Post by Sunshine »

I made it! The drive was like 12 hours and it was like 100 degrees going through the valley and no ac in my car, but the drive was worth it cause now I'm home with my little sisters.

Much Love!