HELP! I can't think for myself!

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

HELP! I can't think for myself!

Post by dementiastar »

OK guys..I have a dilemma. Normally I can make these kinds of decisions on my own, but for some reason, I can't today...nor have I been able to for the past couple of weeks.
Scenario: My BF got fired from his job (oh yeah, he lives in florida). He's hit rock bottom, so he signed up for the Navy as a last resort. However, he's arranged to see his family..and possibly me, before he takes off to boot camp. This means he wants to travel to michegan fist, then out here to carson to see me.
Problemo is: My step dad hates him. Anyone who knows me well enough knows he can be a real jerk about these things and not to get butt-hurt over it. My BF is tho. I can't justify my sep-dad's actions, nor can I change his mind. So, my BF wouldn't be allowed to stay at mi casa. He isn't yet 25, so he can't rent a car, so he would have no way around. (and he wants to go to a "fancy" resuraunt while out here, and has to meet with a navy recruiter at some point while here.) So, we've cancelled out my mom as an option for rides, she doesn't wanna play cheauffer. he wants me to ask my friends. Majority of my friends are either working or in school, or both. It's kind of inconveniencing other people. I work and go to school, so he wants me to take a weekend off from work to spend with him. I really can't afford to. he can get himself out here, but that's it.
in your opinions, what should I do?

"I am allowed to sexually harass my boss."

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Dear Dilemma

Well I'd love to help you. Everyone knows how much I Love to go out. I can't make any promises and the weekends are pretty much out but I can hobb nob with the best of them. Do I see a double date scenario? Problem is the vert. Although it has a nice view it has some really small back seats. Also as far as being a Chauffer/boozeman/all around nice guy, Shawn isn't up here last time I checked.

As far as taking off from work I would ask da boss first. Take maybe one day off to see your sweetie but don't do more than you have to. (By the way I didn't see you working. I stoped in carson to look at some sportbikes and decided to holla)

And finally family, Ah yes the irrovacable dillema. My Dad/Mom/Brother/Sister hates my BF. Trust me I've been there you just have to do what ever you need to do. Have him get a motel for a couple of days. It's never comfortable knocking boots and trying to be all quiet.

Your friend,
Dr. Looooooooove :wink:
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

Well I am pretty much free on the weekends. Weekdays suck due to college classes but from Friday through Sunday night I am good to go! Just need to give me a heads up on dates so that I don't plan something for that time period. As for nice places to eat I know of a few up here in Tahoe but none down in Carson really though I know my Aunt could hook me up with some good places to go. The local recruiting station is in Carson so that shouldn't be a major difficulty and they'd be likely to pick him up if they needed him in the office for anything. Just give me a heads up hun!

Ohhh and tell your BF Go Navy for me!
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

he's not coming out. so this post was really pointless.

"I am allowed to sexually harass my boss."

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

It had meaning at the time and it was, or at least it should have been, his decision from the very beginning. You wanted some input for if he decided that he wanted to come, you'd be prepared to answer if you could set things up. :)

Thinking ahead is a good thing to do. :)
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03