Comic Junkies I need your help!

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

Comic Junkies I need your help!

Post by MCmasters_girl »

I was told that Phoenix was the most powerful mutant in the X men. i don't understand this , cause I thought that Rogue was the most powerful mutant cause all she has to do is touch someone and she can take their powers. So who is the strongest? Can someone please shed some light on this situation. :?
MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by MCmasters_girl »

OK I just remembered a couple more questions I had about Xmen.

Who is Angel and what are his/her powers?

and Who is Illusion?
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

Pheonix isn't actually a mutant. Pheonix is an alien that inhabits Jean Gray's body after her death. The pheonix has powers well beyond any other characters, including Rogue. Technically she is not a mutant though. Pheonix leads to the Dark Pheonix Saga and involves a story line that takes place in outer space.

Angel was one of the original X-men. He has angel wings attached to his back, this is his power. The ability to fly. Later Apocolypse will remove corrupt Angel. Removing his wings and replacing them with adamantium wings that are able to shoot poisonious darts. At this point Angel becomes Archangel.

I have never heard of someone named Illusion.

Ohhh and technically Professor Xavier is the strongest mutant due to his mental abilities. He can even control peoples' minds or destroy them. Poor Magneto...
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by MCmasters_girl »

Why is nightcrawler blue?

Who is Galactus?

Who is the guy in the movie that turns to metal?

Where do Bishop and Cable come from, and what are their abilities, cause as far as I know they only carry big guns?

In X2 why do they need the X plane? Couldn't nightcrawler just teleport them?

In the comics is Sabertooth really Wolverine's dad? And if he is why does he look younger than wolverine in the movie??
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

/sigh

ok first off Pheonix refers to 2 separate entities

the celestial avatar representing life incarnate, not so much an alien as a god
who too correct mike didn't actually inhabite Jean's body but imitated her and gean was placed in stasis. The Pheonix took a portion of Jeans personality and eventually commited suicide to prevent itself from destroying the universe
after returning to the team Jean took the name Pheonix despite not being the actual Pheonix
it also refers to the mutant Rachel Summers, daughter of Jean Grey and Scott Summers who is from an alternate timeline and came back to stop her reallity from forming (remind ya of Bishop don't it, yeah they use that story a lot).

Nightcrawler is blue cause of genetics he got it from his biological mother Mystique who is also Blue

Angel was indeed one of the original Xmen,
his power is that of flight from natural wings with a 16 foot wingspan, he has a hollow skeleton and the wings themselves have super strength although the rest of him has normal human strength
During the mauraders vs. morlocks story arc a mutant known as harpoon impaled his wings severly injuring them, the wings became infected and had to be amputated, Angel sunk into a deep depression, he tried to kill himself by crashing his plane(did I mention hes a billionair) anyway at the moment of impact apocalypse transported him to safty and granted him razor sharp metal wings, and brainwashed him, angel then became the hourseman Death
He returned to his senses after a battle in which he almost killed his old friend Iceman, it is at this time that he takes the name archangel
since becoming archangel, his natural feathery wings have regrown destroying his metal wings
recently it was discovered that he also has an accelerated healing factor in his blood, anyone who comes in contact with his blood will experience the benifits of this healing for a short duration

the guy in the movies who turns into metal is supposed to be Colossus, powers include turning his flesh into an organic steel, granting him near invulnerability, in his steel form he has super strength, and no longer requires oxygen to survive
most of his story invols his fammily being killed at various times by various mutants, and his brother turning into a villian, served on the extrimest mutant group the acolytes under magneto for a time later joined excaliber under nightcrawler and then returned to the Xmen.
recently he sacrificed himself in order to cure the Legacy virus a disease that affects only mutants, the cure had to be injected into a mutant the cure would then become airborn but the original host would die.

Bishop comes from the future, in this future all the X-men are dead exept Gambit who trained him, hes was sent back by accident following a madman and mutant criminal, after killing the criminal he couldn't return to his own time and joined the Xmen. he refuses to trust the presant day gambit, because in his time the Xmen were destroyed by a traitor from within and all that is known is about the traitor is that it was the most recent Xmen to join and when bishop joins Gambit was the last to Join.
his power is that he can absorb energy used against him store it and later emit the energy as a weapon

Cable is Nathon Summers son of Scott Summers and Madelyne Pryor, a clone of Jean Grey created by Mr. Sinister between when the pheonix avatar commited suicide and the real Gean Grey was found. she and Scott were married and Cable was born.
he was later infected with a techno-organic virus and sent forward 2000 years through time in a desperate attempt to save him there he was raised by mother askani aka Rachel Summers aka the Pheonix earlier shunted through time
in the Future he learned to use his telekenetik powers to control the virus slowly turning him into a robot, apon reaching maturity he returned to the present to prevent apocalypse from taking over, he served briefly with the Xmen before spliting off on his own. he destroyed apocalypse and acts as a loneshark superhero
his powers are telepathy and telekinsis that outstrip even Profesor X, that is if he wasn't using them to control the virus that ravages his body

No sabertooth and wolverine have no known blood relation
Wolverines parents James and Elizabeth Howlett have been dead for over 100 years

Nightcrawler could not just teleport them
1st off the "Blackbird" has been with the Xmen longer than Nightcrawler
2nd his power has limitations
-Kurt can teleport up to 3 miles north to south, and 2 miles east to west or straight up under normal conditions, but has been shown to go as far as 4 miles if he pushes himself to his limits. The ammount of additional mass he can cary with him is limited, it started out that one person strained him to his limits, but through practice he has increased the additional mass he can take with him. It is now shown usually as up to 2 average sized adults, 3 if he pushes himself to his limits.
Kurt is capable of carrying passengers on his travels, but the ride is not plesant for them, and effects range from feelings of nausea to being knocked unconsious depending on the distance traveled
If Kurt were to be used as transportation he could only take 2 people at a time and only 2 miles at a time, given he knew where he was going, and with each aditional port his passengers and himself will become weaker and weaker
so all that is a pain in the @$$ to get ya too your destination vs just shiping everyone cross country in a supersonic jet

that Galactus guy, another one of the many "gods" for lack of a better term in the marvel universe.
aka the destroyer of world galatus takes the energy of planets to maintain himself. mostly appeared in "silver surfer" books as the creator of silver surfer.
has made a couple of apearences in Xmen, Hates the Pheonix and wants it destroyed because if the pheonix were to go bad he'd be out of sustanence. he only tried to destroy the Pheonix once to my knowledge but stoped after it was pointed out that
1. Pheonix is Life incarnate to destroy the Pheonix is to destroy all life
2. you can't destroy her anyway

I've never heard of Illusion either /shrug even I don't know everything though

while the Pheonix is the most powerful entity I've ever heard of like mike said its not a mutant.
Rogue is Potentialy the most powerful mutant, but she has to absorb anothers powers through physical contact, and absorbing others memories and personality does have the unfortunate side affect of making you insane
Cable is also known to have powers far outstriping even Prof X but since he can't use them freely he isn't usually considered the most powerful.
you could but up a good argument up for wolverine cause due to his healing powers the only way to kill him is to cut off his head and keep it separated from his body, and the old adamantium skeleton kinda prevents that making him effectivly immortal and indestructable
Its also been said several times that when Jean Grey's powers reach thier full strength she will surpass Xaviers, but in recent times her character has become a bit shaded in mystery, and exectly what she can do know one knows

in general ol' cueball (Prof X) is the one guy you just can't beat most evidenced by his evil alterego Onslaught, a result of portions of magnetos mind being imprinted on Prof X
Onslaught manifested as a psychic projection from Ol'Cueball
makeing him exeptionaly difficult to fight, he also possesed the full unrestricted power of both the professor and magneto
this manifestation currently resides dormant inside the mind of professor X
You're not your character class
You're not how much gil you have in the bank
You're not the airship you fly
You're not the contents of your item screen
You're not your fuggin' armor
You are the all fightin' all spellcasting heros of the world
MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by MCmasters_girl »

And who exactly is Apocalypse??

What exactly are Jubilee's powers?

Who is Juggernaut, and what are his powers?

In X2 the little girl that screams (you know the loud one) is she of any relevance or is she just annoying??

What's with all the blue people in X men? Is blue like the in color for comics or something?
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

why do you hate me so?

the Juggernaught
real name Cain Marko
first appearance Xmen 12 (1965)
powers Invulnerability, Supernatural strength in exess of lifting 100 tons limit unknown, telepathy blocking helmet
origin stepbrother to prof. X, hates Charles cause his father liked charles better. drafted into the military served in the same unit as Charles Xavier. Deserted and was followed by Xavier who tried to convince him not to desert. wandered into a cave found a large ruby with an inscription "Whosoever touches this gem shall possess the power of Cyttorak. Henceforth, you who read these words shall become forevermore a human juggernaut." he transformed into the juggernaught the cave collapsed X escaped Cain didn't. he shows up later, and tries to kill X plans stoped by Xmen, plot repeats several tims over next 40 years.
recent events partner in crime Black Tom Cassidy tries to kill him when Tom's powers go out of control. calls Xmen for help. battle ensues everone almost dies. Juggernaut comes to live at the Xmansion and joins Xmen Team #2. very adept at dealing with the youngest students at the school

Jubilee's powers
she can generate "globules" of energy that follow her mental commands she can make these take various shapes and she can also make them explode. she can blind a person with sparkles of energy or create explosions powerful enough to shatter metal

as far as the Movies are concerned its just a cameo for those who know whats up
thats supposed to by Siryn Daughter of former Xman Banshee
her apperance in the movie is compleatly contradictory to her story though cause know one knew she was still alive until she was an adult
thought to be killed in an explosion along with her mother she was secretly taken and raised by Black Tom Cassidy. powers exploited for criminal purposed Black Tom reveled to banshee who she was after he was incarcerated for his crimes
powers are an exact copy of banshee's geneticaly inherited
superhuman throat, vocal cords, and lungs allowing creation of powerful sonic waves, and flight (they really like to throw in flight randomly as a power)
even in the comics shes a pretty insignificant character though

All the blue people /shrug its been 28 years since the original Blueboy Nightcrawler was introduced there were bound to be other Blue people, but to be fair there are plenty of red, orange green, gray, silver, gold, yellow, pink, brown, purple, spoted, striped, transparent, snow white and pitch black characters
one of the morlocks was even a rainbow patern
The blue ones just were more popular the chicks dig the fuzzy blue elf
And who exactly is Apocalypse??
oh jeese thats kinda hard to answer

Born about five thousand years ago in egypt believed to be one of the first mutants, born with abnormal appearance left in the desert to die found by bandits belived to be prophesized "one to make kingdoms bow at his feet" grew up a slave, took over, worshiped as a god throughout history. Believes in survival of the fitest in an extream sence he treats all others as pawns and minulates others into conflict to weed out the weak beleaves himself to be the ultimate being, keeps 4 hoursemen of the apocalypse as henchmen, positions occupied by various people over the years, Created Mr. Sinister by altering his genetic material in the same fashion that archangel was created.
Sinister's mission under Apocalypse was to control the breeding of the human race to create a stronger race, Cyclopse and Jean Gray are both products of his work.
has control over every atom in his body making him able to assume any from and produce almost any power imaginable
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Shit!!! You astound me with such trivial knowledge. However you forgot your dissertation on Banshee and Cyclops. It is important to assertain the fact that there is always someone related to someone. Further questioning the WTF factor.
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

Guns if you think for 1 second that I'm even gonna try to explain the summers famly tree your sadly mistaken
I'd have to explain alternate realitys go through half the pheonix saga, and explain who cloned who, who are the clones are and why @#$% that ^&*# it can't be done don't even ask, same goes for the Darkholme/Wagner/Creed family

as for Banshee
Sean cassidy is one of the oldest characters in the books first appeared in 1967 as an enemy of the team turned to good by Ol'Cueball and later joining in 1975
married once, one daughter ( see above)
cousin to Black Tom Cassidy frequent fueding by the two cousins due to Banshee winning a bet for the Family fortune and Cassidy keep in Ireland, Black Tom was the heir of the family
became mentor and leader of Generation X a team of younger mutants in massechusets.
later left to form his own group X corperation, a group of agents spread around the world to prevent mutant persacution
Currently: striped of his powers and in a hospital after having his throat sliced open by Mystique

Update on Angel his metal wings given to him by apocalypse were not adamatium, and the metal feathers he could shoot from his wings were not poisenous
the wings were an organic metal produced by altering his genetic material
MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by MCmasters_girl »

I don't hate you, I just don't understand comics, cause when I read them i get confused and Doug isn't very good at answering my questions. In fact I answer them better then he does.
Ok here are some more.

Who is Mr. Sinister?

What ever happened to Dr. Doom??

What's with toad? what happened to him after the first movie??

Who is that chick in X2, the one with the purple eyes, and the big long nails??? Where did she come from and is she important??
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

I am going to leave Grant to answer the questions. He seems to remember the storylines a lot better then I do and I am not going into my closet to pull out all the comics and read them over...
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

Sinister: Born Nathaniel Essex a scientist living in England around the same time Darwin published his findings. wanted to controll the breeding of the human race to produce a supirior race. branded a madman he made a bargain with apocalypse for power Becoming Mr. Sinister. he plotted the course of gean pools resulting including Cyclops and Jeans family lines. Ran the orphanage where scott and his brother alex lived in, gave scott his first pair of ruby quartz glasses to control his power. Created a Clone of Jean that appeared after the Pheonix sage. the clone married Scott and had thier child Cable. the clone eventually went crazy tried to kill everyone, and was destroyed by the original Jean Grey when she returned. Sinister would eventually leave the service of Apocalypse after thwarting a plot to unleash a plague to destroy a large porshion of mankind.
most noted for his role in forming the mauaraders a group of mutant assasins who purpose wase to wipe out the morlocks. Sinisters goal was to eleminate the infierior genetic stock from the population. it was later revealed that sinister had hired gambit to assemble and lead the mauraders to the morlocks but he did not participate in the slaughter

Victor Von Doom, uh hes the major bad guy in the fantastic 4 books, not evil just extreamly arrogant has his own country really smart guy, thats about all I know of him what he's doing now I don't know I don't follow Fantastic 4

The Toad
superhuman leg strength, leaping ability, 25 foot long prehensil tounge, sticks to walls, and an absolute wuss
long time member of the brotherhood, mostly incompetant, gets his ass kicked frequently, low self esteem, total loser
after the first movie nobody knows he didn't show up in the second one, could be dead theres no way of saying since the movie story isn't even remotly close to the comics

Yuriko Oyama aka Lady Deathstrike
comic story and movie story have not even a shadow of matching up
father was a kamakazi pilot he wasn't supposed to survive when he did he carved ritual scars into his face and those of his children, he later became a scientist who developed the method to bond adamantium to a human skelaton. the plans were stolen before thier use.
Brothers and lover worked for her father. after her brothers were killed in service to thier father, and not wanting her lover to share thier fate, Yuriko killed her father. her lover commited suicide over her fathers death. wanting to understand her lovers fervor she adopts her fathers radical views. she makes her first task to find who stole her fathers adamantium plans and kill them (one messed up broad if ya ask me, first she kills him now shes trying to avenge him WTF?!)
search leads her to wolverine, believing him responsible she tried to kill him, and fails.
after her defeat she cybornetically enhances her body uncluding extentable claws from each finger, and an adamantium skeleton. originaly yuriko's claws were not shown as retractable and are always out.
beliving her new enhancements make her superior to wolverine she fights him again and gets easily beaten
In the movie shes just some backgroundless character with a healing factor, brainwashed, and given the same operation as wolverine but with some modifications.
this months issue of Xtreme Xmen reintroduces her character now shown without her scars or any visible cybernetics, and has her working with Stryker whos just a religious nutcase in the comics who before now has only appeared once.
they were buth very minor characters before that movie
MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by MCmasters_girl »

Why are they called the Xmen?

Where did Mystique come from?? Is she an alien or something?

What is the X factor?

Why is Professor X a cripple?

Who is Morbius? Is he good or bad??
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

cause thier leader's name is Xavier and they all have an eXtra power and cause that was the first name the publisher approved

Mystique is a mutant and a very old one, her shapeshifting power constantly regenerates her cells slowing down ageing
her origines are unknown the earliest known apearance was in the 1930s where she was already an adult, even she is no longer certain of her origins

The original X factor was formed sometime after the real Jean Grey was found and sometime before Archangel's wings had to be amputated. during this time Prof X was missing the X men were working with Magneto now reformed.
X-factor was a reforming of the original Xmen, Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman, and Jean. the team formed in order to corry on Xaviers legacy, an disbanded once Xavier returned rejoining the Xmen.
later the goverment formed a team of mutants under the same name to run special missions, since disbanded

mostly cause stan lee wanted to make the most powerful man alive a disabled old man
story line wise an alien invador calling himself lucifer droped a giant rock on him breaking his back
he was later granted the ability to walk when, when an alien race known as the brood planted an embryo inside him, in order to save him his body was cloned and his mind transfered to the new body. his back was broken in battle with the shadow king returning him to his wheelchair.
but wait theres more after being possesed by the mutant Cassandra Nova, he regained control with the help of the mutant healer Xorn, a side affect of this was that Xavier can once again walk

Morbius, well if its not an Xmen character I really don't know,
all I got for ya was he appeared in the spiderman cartoon on fox, his powers were vamperic and he wasn't really good or evil in the cartoon kinda just an unfortunate who wants too be left alone

I'll tell ya who Cassandra Nova, Xorn, and the Shadow king are later right now I'm tired
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

Wow Grant ya left out the whole thing about Mystique raising Rogue. Thats very important to factor in if you ever plan on explaining how Rogue got her super human strength and ability to fly and what not.