Philo Farnsworth

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Philo Farnsworth

Post by MR.STRIKER »

Since this is public, I would like to share this story with you, and then you can see what kind of a person I am.

Do any of you know who Philo Farnsworth was? He invented television. I don't mean he invented television like Uncle Travis will do one day. I mean he invented television in a little house in Provo, Utah, at a time when the idea of transmitting moving pictures through the air would be like me saying i found a way to beam us aboard the Star Ship Enterprise. He was a visionary. He died broke and without fanfare.

The guy i really like though, was his brother in law, Cliff Gardner. He said "Philo, I know everyone thinks your crazy, but i want to be a part of this." "I don't have your head for science, so I'm not going to be able to help much , with the design and the mechanics of this invention, but it sounds like your going to need glass tubes." You see, Philo was inventing the cathode receptor, and even though Cliff didn't know what that meant or how it worked he'd seen Philo's drawing, and he knew he was going to need glass tubes, and since television hadn't been invented yet, its not like you could get them at the local TV repair shop.

"I want to ba a part of this,"Cliff said, I don't have your head for science, how would it be to teach myself to be a glass blower? and I could set up a little shop in my backyard." "And then I could make all the glass tubes you need for testing."

There ought to be Congressional Medals for people like that. The way I feel about this board is this. The notes and posts that have been made on this board, to me have exhibited a great amount of talent that can come out of people, weather the post may be dumb to some or not to others, it is still fun to the person who wrote it, it may only be funny to themselves but thats all that matters!

Some of you have said for whatever reason, I seem to exert some authority around here. Its not cause everyone here likes me. Its cause when Shawn trusted me with a moderator job, he knew within my first mistake, I learn something new everyday. When it someones towards this site and other projects I do, I know what I'm doing, and I hope you all see that I can make glass tubes!

for the last thing, to be frank and honest, some people who have checked out this board and a few who have "maybe" posted. The first and last decision making authority on this board rests with Buzzman and he staff of super moderators, until Buzz or staff says otherwise. I do not appreciate anyone disrespecting anyone on this board. If you think I'm just mouthing at you, ask my friends a little about me, I don't care about what people think about me.

I'm not making this post to freak any of you out. If are a fan of sports night, then you will know were I got the topic for this subject. I received a few IM's the other night that was talking pure smack about some people and the way things work on the board and I don't want to see that or hear it again.

I'm not going to say any names about the IM's I got, I don't want drama, but I ask if you have a issue take it up with the Moderators, Super Moderators, or Shawn since he is the Admin of the board.
As the wicked stand confounded, Call to me; with thy saints surrounded.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I just wanted to add a little bit here.

Some people are not made for this website. Maybe it's just not their style, maybe it seems dorky to them, whatever reason it is, if they don't want to be here no one is making them come back to read and / or post.

If someone decides to go ahead and post something on the board that does not sit right with anyone that's on the board, you can always press the blue card button to send out an alert to the moderators of the forums. They will get an e-mail and there will be a special post set up for them to read if you so choose to leave a message why you reported it.

With that said, I hope you've enjoyed your flight on Buzzman Air, and we hope to see you again sometime soon. Have a great day!
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

And I would like to add a few more things.....

If you ever have a problem go to the root of it rather than get a third party involved. It's a llot more direct and people respect you more for it.

I myself likes to take a hands off approach to governing people. Ie. Doun't touch the stove, Ok fine see what happens to you.... hey why you crying? I told you not to touch it

And since we're on "Buzzman Air" where my honey roasted peanuts Sucka??
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

Finally I'd like to say a few things.

We are not about a target audence. Virtuely everyone here knows one another in some way or form. Heck, most of us went to high school together! So before posting or IMing certain things you may want to just keep that in the back of your mind. We are a community of friends and we look out for one another. Take care everyone and have a good day.

Ohhhh peanuts aren't served anymore due to too many people being allergic. Its pretzels now a days...
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted: