Please send some positive energy to my aunt and her mum

"Pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results." James 5:16

Moderators: TahoeJazzLover, Tessababes, Super Moderator

Lady Draven
Active Listener
Active Listener

Please send some positive energy to my aunt and her mum

Post by Lady Draven »

uhm,
yeh I just got an e-mail from my uncle, saying that my aunt is down in SoCal taking care of her mum who had internal surgery well things were going okay then she got a pretty nasty infection and is now in ICU. My uncle asked if people would send positive energy to both my aunt and her mum. We're usually not praying people in the conventional sense I suppose but, I know my aunt is really really close to her mum and whatever could possibly help would be good.

thankyou
That which does not kill me.... makes me stronger
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

The Power of Prayer

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

It is a privilege to pray for your Aunt, Lady D. Thank you for asking.

There is power in prayer that comes from the heart. James chapter 5 says: "Are any among you suffering? They should keep on praying about it. And those who have reason to be thankful should continually sing praises to the Lord. Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results. Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for the next three and a half years! Then he prayed for rain, and down it poured. The grass turned green, and the crops began to grow again... http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/ ... 39.html#15

1st John chapter 5 says "And we can be confident that He will listen to us whenever we ask Him for anything in line with His will". http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/1Jo/1Jo005.html#14

Things happen in our lives to make us realize that we need God. Whether it's sickness or financial problems or the loss of a loved one, God wants us to cry out to Him in honest hearfelt prayer. (Kind of like a loving father who waits for his child to come to him for a hug when he's hurting - he wants to give his child a hug so badly, but he waits for his child to realize he needs that hug). It's not "a force" we are sending out positive energy to, we pray to the true and living God. Talk to Him, He will listen when you speak from your heart.

I pray that He heals your aunt, and that He blesses your family too!
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez
Lady Draven
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Lady Draven »

Thank you! I think all our prayers are working. My aunts mum is out of the ICU and my uncle says things are looking up :D . Once again we all thank you for your support.
That which does not kill me.... makes me stronger
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well
:woot: :woot: PRAISE GOD! :woot: :woot: Glad she is feeling better!

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
For He satisfies the longing soul,
And fills the hungry soul with goodness.
Psalm 107:8-9
http://www.blueletterbible.org
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez