Are you looking for love on Valentine’s Day?

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Are you looking for love on Valentine’s Day?

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

Looking for love? Our love depends on the receiver of the love. Let a thousand people pass before us, and we will not feel the same about each. Our love will be regulated by their appearance, by their personalities. Even when we find a few people we like, our feelings will fluctuate. How they treat us will affect how we love them. The receiver regulates our love.

But there is ONE perfect love. The love of God. God’s love does not hinge on yours. The abundance of your love does not increase His. The lack of your love does not diminish His. Your goodness does not enhance His love, nor does your weakness dilute it. God loves you simply because He has chosen to do so. He loves you when you don’t feel lovely. He loves you when no one else loves you. Others may abandon you, divorce you, and ignore you, but God will love you. Always. No matter what. This is His sentiment: “I’ll call nobodies and make them somebodies; I’ll call the unloved and make them beloved.� (Rom. 9:25 MSG). This is his promise. “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. (Jer. 31:3 NLT).

The love of God is born from within Him, it is not from what He finds in us. His love is uncaused and spontaneous. Does He love us because of our goodness? Because of our kindness? Because of our great faith? No, He loves us because of HIS goodness, kindness, and great faith. “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us� (I John 4:10 NIV).

Will we ever love like that? Will we ever love perfectly? No. This side of heaven only God will. But we will love better than we have. By being loved, we will love.

My Wish For You
Where there is pain; I wish you peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubting, I wish you a renewed confidence in your ability to work through it. Where there is tiredness, or exhaustion, I wish you understanding, patience, and renewed strength. Where there is fear; I wish you love, and courage. But most of all, my friend, I wish you the Love of God.

Happy Valentine’s Day!
O:)
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez