A Prayer for everyone

"Pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results." James 5:16

Moderators: TahoeJazzLover, Tessababes, Super Moderator

Tessababes
Active Listener
Active Listener

A Prayer for everyone

Post by Tessababes »

I wanted this piece of the forum because I believe that prayer brings miracles. Dont be afraid to list people or yourself, come forward to people can pray.
If you are deeply troubled, list that you are. If you are suffering from a loss, tell us.
If you have a bible quote you would like to share with others to help them through whatever troubles they are in, write them here.
Feel Free.
We are here for you like God is here for you always. He listens and we are us children share his love.
"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you"

"Whatever I face, God is with me"

"Girl, recognize game before game recognizes you!!"-Chingy

"Hey dont hate the player, hate the game!!"- Will Smith and Tessa!!
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

The thing is, sometimes we don't want to share what we need prayer for. That's totally okay. Just by posting your name and asking for prayer lets us "pray-ers" know that you are in need. God knows your heart and your need.

Even at times when our hearts are troubled and we don't know what to pray, God's Holy Spirit helps our weakness; the Spirit intercedes for us. Our Father knows all hearts and knows what the Spirit is saying, and the Spirit pleads for us in harmony with God's own will. Simply ask God to bless you and for His will to be done in your life.

After all, Father knows best!
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez
Andrea
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Andrea »

Bottome line. I need help. I have been praying for everything i can for the beers, corey, those passed on, my dad, and the ones i love to be safe. I recently have been praying for something to hold on to in life. I don't want to go into detail and i feel selfish as all asking for prayer power but i truely feel i need it or life will be no more to me. It pretty much isn't already. I also need prayer ASAP for my dad. He needs help to over-come alcohol and he is suicidal and i don't know how to deal other than to pray for him. Thank you all who care and i appologize if this offened anyone who doesn't think i have the right to have prayers for me.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Everyone has the right to have prayers said for them. Strangers say prayers for strangers. You've come asking for prayer, and prayer is what you'll get. Some people that read this will pray, and those people will tell other people to pray. They don't need to know your name, because God knows who they're talking about.

I'll make sure to pass this on to my Mom's prayer group. You'll be in a lot of people's thoughts and hearts. Take care of yourself, and seek people out for help if you're becoming lost. Don't lose track of your goals, and keep the faith!
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

I like the idea but I think it needs some work. I don't believe in miracles. I'll only pray for Strength, Understanding, and Safety. Usually when everything goes wrong and there isn't anything else to do, I'll pray before I pass out from exhaustion. I don't know if most will understand my thinking but I'll take a shot at it.

The whole idea of sharing these "prayers" is to help lighten the load on your head and in your heart. I don't want anyone to pray for me or anything I might be going through perse. Somehow I know I'll make it out if I keep going, call it faith or divine intervention. I do however want someone to be there if I slip. If you need a prayer from us then what you are saying to me is "I need you to go through this with me because I can't do it myself." I just don't think it's enough for me or anyone else to pray, there needs to be some form of action. Even if it's just a fleeting moment of bonding souls. There have been times I just start laughing when I finally figure out how it all worked out. But if I'm going through something now I'd much prefer a shoulder to lean on this earth now than kind words to the Creator who will inform me later. It sucks that we can't get an answer right away but If we are just there for one another it's like a spiritual energy drink. On my best days I want to do things like that and be there for those who need it, in BigGunna style of course.
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

Dear Andrea
Jesus loves you and He always will. In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus prayed so fervently, so diligently, so earnestly that He sweat drops of blood. He told His disciples to pray with Him that they would not be lead into temptations or trials. We need to pray for ourselves, it is not a selfish thing to do, it is a commandment from the One who had constant communication with our Father.

Think about this Andrea, Jesus also prayed for you. Read John Chapter 17. He prayed for all who would ever believe in Him, that we would be one with Him and the Father, as He and the Father are one. When we pray for eachother, we become as one, bearing one another's burdens, and loving each other as Jesus loved us. This is the will of God, that we love one another.

Life is not easy... life can truly be one big trial after another. I kinda know about this from first hand experience. But we who have faith in Jesus have a blessed hope that this life is not the end. There is an eternal life of love ahead of us for those who put their faith in Jesus. He said "In this world you WILL have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." He didn't say in this world you MIGHT have tribulation, He didn't say in this world there's a CHANCE you will have tribulation, He said in this world you WILL have tribulation. The point is, it is in our trials that we make the decision to either RUN FROM God or RUN TO God. And that decision will effect not only this life, but our eternal life. Think about that. And just ask Jesus for comfort. That's one of His specialties.

Remember you have friends that love you and are praying for you....
as this was written by Nanci and Corey too!
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez
Andrea
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Andrea »

Thank you to all who are praying for me. As for big gunna, i'm not asking you to go through my problems with me, i am asking you to pray for other people. Read what Nancy Said "When we pray for eachother, we become as one, bearing one another's burdens, and loving each other as Jesus loved us. This is the will of God, that we love one another. " and that's all i ask for. Like i said, i need help and i believe in God and prayer and miracles whether you do or not. I may seem like i am trying to burden people but really if i don't try to help myself whenever i get a chance, you will not be talking to me anymore. I know that's selfish as all but i can't help the way i feel and most people are quiet about that kind of thing but i know that the only reason i am here is for my mom. that's it. So yeah, i'd say that i need the power of prayer not only from me, but from my brothers and sisters. Thank you to those who will pray for me and as i mentioned in the last post, PLEASE pray for my dad. He lost all faith in God and i have to drive to Tahoe in a few hours to see if he is even still alive which is scary or my brother may call the police. I cannot tell you how it feels right now for me. I hope everyone understands and i pray my dad will be alright. Thank you for your time, sorry for any inconvience.
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

God is with us

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

Andrea
God is with you right now. God is with us all, whether we want to admit it or not. Gunna, He is with you too. He loves each one of us as His love is unconditional AGAPE love, which we as humans really don't understand. I don't understand it. I can't. My ways are not His ways. But that doesn't mean I can't open my heart and let Him in. It's a choice I've embraced.

I just know that the last six months of my life have been the hardest trial I have ever gone through; and even though the waves of the stormy sea I have been on have felt like they are crashing over me to the point that I am gasping for air at times; Jesus is calmly sleeping in the boat with me because He knows that I will come out on the other side stronger in my faith and trusting in Him more than ever before.

We will all go through stormy times in our lives. Whether is be the loss of a loved one, a financial burden, drug or alcohol addiction, or a broken marriage, etc., we will have tribulation. We do need others to go through the hard times with us because we can't do it ourselves. I've have not been hesitant to ask my friends for their prayers, because I know that God hears our prayers. God answers prayers. When we call upon Him, He has such compassion on us. HIS is the shoulder I want to lean on.

God is with us right now, this very moment. I suppose the connection you have is up to you. We can choose to hold on to God with a lifeline like a wispy spiderweb that can be easily broken and blown in the wind, or we can choose to plug into God with a connection like a steel cable that holds up the Golden Gate Bridge. Me? I want one of those 12 foot diameter pipelines, with His love and His grace and His blessings just pouring out on me!

Hey, bottom line, whether you believe in Him or not, He believes in you.
PRAYER - just do it!
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Andrea wrote: As for big gunna, i'm not asking you to go through my problems with me, i am asking you to pray for other people. ... I may seem like i am trying to burden people but really if i don't try to help myself whenever i get a chance, you will not be talking to me anymore. I know that's selfish as all but i can't help the way i feel and most people are quiet about that kind of thing but i know that the only reason i am here is for my mom. that's it. Thank you for your time, sorry for any inconvience.
It's not a burden or inconvinence at all. I probably came off wrong, screw the way I feel about the subject. It's what I do but It's not about me anymore. What I was trying to say basically, We need something on this earth as well as the next. I don't think that is selfish to admit, but I think it's selfish to hide that hurt. I've done that and I still do, trust me it's not healthy. I think I've became the type of person who can go through those tough times with my freinds. I mean why are we on this earth if we can't help each other out spiritually as well as physically, emotionally, etc. etc? The lord knows I have allot to give otherwise he wouldn't have put that type of responsibility in my hands.

Stay sweet girlie, don't do something I would even remotely think of doing. When you put it that way I'll put my stubborn pride aside, there is more for you than you know and I'll pray you find that out and have the strength to overcome. Oh and... I'll see you next week.
Andrea
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Andrea »

Hello again. Just incase anyone was worried, the el dorado sheriff's dept. went and checked on my dad. He was okay for now. He still won't talk to anyone and now i am looking into getting him admitted into a rehab.
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

Worried? Not really, because if you worry, why pray? And if you pray, why worry?
:wink:
TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART
DON'T TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT ALL
ACKNOWLEDGE HIM IN EVERYTHING
AND HE WILL DIRECT YOU ALWAYS

Proverbs 3:5
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez