Operation Iraqi Liberation

Anything interesting been happening around you? Anything in world news that you find interesting? Share with us!

Moderator: Super Moderator

BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Operation Iraqi Liberation

Post by BigGunna »

Notice how they first started calling it this then chose not to.... hmmm probably cause it's acronym is OIL? So then it was Freedom. Anyway did anyone else notice that gas prices have dropped like 20 cents per gallon a week after we got control of some of the reserves. And perhaps they didn't have as many "big scary biological" weapons as we thought.

Just disturbed by the injustice the government has for the American public what with all the (censored) (censored) (censored) (censord)(censord) that they're shoving down our throats.

Even though it looks like it's near an end I still don't support this war because they gave us this (censored) (censored) (censored) (censord)(censord) reason for it.
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

Dude,
America is not to blame for this war, its not President either.
Do you know who it is?
You guessed it!

Frank Stallon!
As the wicked stand confounded, Call to me; with thy saints surrounded.
Jen
Troll
Troll

Post by Jen »

I'm really AFRAID now, Striker.
That Joan of Arc is one tasty piece of bitch.
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

Actually, I think Bigguna has a point! We had a guest speaker last night on campus..Ralph Nedar. He has a lot of different opinions on things, but what I liked mostly about him is that he said what most people wouldn't or won't. He mentioned the many predictions about the war before things broke out. For example, the fact that gas prices would go up, that there would be more terrorist attacks, and that they would burn all the oil wells. Well, gas prices as Bigguna pointed out are going up...there haven't been a whole lot of terrorist attacks, and I think Nedar pointed out that the two oil wells that have burned down were started by us.
There's a lot of different politics in this war, but mostly I think it's about money. Looking at things from a different perspective...ok from an enviromentalist perspective...we could be using other recourses for energy and traveling, etc. than relying on oil for gas. I honestly think the main reason we aren't using solar power and other natural resources for energy for vehicles is because if we did make the switch and people started driving solar powered cars, the gas company would plumit and loose billions of dollars. If you really look at things, most of the politics have to do with keeping these companies in buisness. Its ridiculous! The gonvernment and polotics are so screwed up and I think a lot of that has to do with the media...
So...I don't agree with this war, we aren't really doing anything over there that they probably wanted us to do in the first place. However, we are in the war...its a done deal and there's nothing we can do to change it. All we can do is support the troops, our friends and family who are over there fighting for us. They dont' want to be there probably just as much as we don't, but they need our support to get the job done...otherwise we won't be any better than the 70s generation who had no respect or support whatsoever for the war or the troops. It would be completely unfair to them.
"If I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I'd be holding the galaxy!" -Unknown
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

RoRo wrote:Ralph Nedar.
Good guy, very bright, and he has a lot of good points
RoRo wrote:Well, gas prices as Bigguna pointed out are going up
First off Big said prices were going down. 2nd in a war gas prices go out because we reroute gas to the military. Gas is going back down due to oil that was seized being exported to various countries, not just the US
RoRo wrote:there haven't been a whole lot of terrorist attacks
There have been none since the start of the war on American soil and I would hope it stays that way but nothing is certain...
RoRo wrote:two oil wells that have burned down were started by us.
more then 2 oil wells have burned and we didn't start the others
RoRo wrote:There's a lot of different politics in this war, but mostly I think it's about money. Looking at things from a different perspective...ok from an enviromentalist perspective
So...I don't agree with this war, we aren't really doing anything over there that they probably wanted us to do in the first place.
What about the Humanitarian prospective? We are saving the lives of an entire oppressed population. Now that Saddam is gone they cheer us in the streets! Sure there will be problems rising up a new gov't there but we have brought these people hope out of the darkness.
RoRo wrote:All we can do is support the troops
Semper Fi
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Damn you Frank Stallone...

(Aside) Did you know that most of our oil comes from other nations like Canada... Damn you Canadians with your backward zippers.

Yay Saddam is supposedly gone, still looking for proof :? . What I'm worried about is the new Iraqi leader. Will he be a Saddam sympathizer or a leader we choose to squeeze into their "election"? Becuase they don't need either.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I believe we've pretty much stated that the new government will be a democratic government.

A vote for the people by the people, no more dictatorship.

Oh and damn you Mike for saying what I was going to say. :p

The things that Ralph Nader said should be common sense. When we go to war we need to ship gas to our military and we need to make sure people aren't frivolous with driving because of the unknown time of any confrontation. Gas prices will fall now that the main conflict is over, might not be a huge drop, but hopefully back to somewhat normal. I do agree with you Rochelle about the greedy gas companies. If we switched over energy efficient non fossil fuels the gas companies would lose billions upon billions and in this money driven economy that would piss them off! It's going to have to take an act of the government to MAKE car companies produce 10% then 20%, ... and finally up to 100% fuel efficient non-fossil fuel cars.

Any who, Mike covered the rest of the stuff pretty well, I don't need to go into it anymore. :)
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

I don't know about the whole Democracy in Iraq thing just yet. And Nader has great veiws but he's a total cockeyed greenie. Some of his ideas just won't work at the current time, It's like he's still stuck in the hippie era sometimes.

Take this non-fossil fuel legislature he would have pushed for. Call me selfish but I for one don't want to drive some shitty eggshaped 50 MPG car with 87 Horsepower and tops out at 70 MPH. Gasoline electric Hybrids are taking shape now with decent power but the cleaner burning non fossil fuels are a joke. I remember when I worked at the dealership and the Taxi Companies would have us repair their cabs with natural gas. You have to drive one to fully loathe it.

Legislature in action doesn't help much, take these "madatory in fleet" clean burning modified crown vics they use for Taxi's.
They have a 40 Gal+ propane tank that takes up the whole trunk. Filling it up takes at least 15 min. And a full tank will get you from here to Reno approx 60 Mi, before you have to fill up again. Not to mention they are really slow. Grannies in a New Caddilacs would drive faster and give you the finger. No thanks.

I think America as a whole feels this way about their transportation because that one of the things about "freedom". What is the ultimate exitement when you turn 16? Whay don't you ride public Transportation when you have access to car? Take a look on the road next time you drive. Those SUV's have been the rage for years now, chances are 1 out of five times there is some ass sitting there on his cell phone alone in a H2 Hummer, Excursion or other monstrosity that gets 12 Mi to the gallon and can't see the damn convertible behind them.

Stop the Tree-huggers and guys that want to make everything out of hemp from having their way.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Ever heard of hydrogen powered cars?

Thought they were just sci-fi?

They are real and they drive pretty darn fast!

I have not yet seen a full run test, but the technology is there and I'm sure we'll be seeing it as soon as they can figure out a way to make them safe on the road.
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

1) Ummm yeah

2) I've been following the development.

3) Umm No.... they are 25% less powerfull than a conventional motor. Think of it this way your car would have to be 1/4 lighter for the same performance. I figure your car is about 3,700 pounds so she needs to lose 925 lbs figuring it the street racer way:
changing all body parts Fiberglass, stamped alum, or carbon fibre -135lbs
No Passenger seat -25 lbs
No back seat -40 lbs
No insulation- 15 Lbs
Changing leather to fabric -15 lbs
full aluminum engine block-200 lbs
Stereo -5lbs
Alum drive shaft -20 lbs
you still have like 470 lbs to go but you catch my drift

4) The technology is there and theoretically safe and "pumping gas" should be as easy as pumping gas, but there are 3 things wrong with the Hydrogen car.

A) Development cost, building an engine and fuel dilivery system more or less. Shit right now they run a Million dollars plus, and that mind you is PER VEHICLE. So get me a Blackmarket Russian mig instead, I'll get there faster.

B) Fuel extraction, storage, transportation. Yeah you can get hydrogen from water but how do you extract it in mass quatities. Store the Hydrogen in a safe place probably as a liquid or solid which means refrigeration costs, then transporting it the same way we do oil?

C) Retrofitting the entire nation. Or adding these new Hydrogen pumps or whatever into every gas station in America. And it WILL have to be a service that the industry provides on behalf of the government because the Gasoline system is just so huge. Ask the owner of a gas station to buy the new setup for 200,000$ per pump when he already has 6 gas pumps and he'll tell you what you can do with it. Which means more Taxes or the hydrogen fuel will be more expensive to deflate some of this cost.

The gasoline engine has been around for 100yrs and in order for the hydrogen car to be accepted it MUST be able to compete with our current system, otherwise what is the point? And where the hell is all the $$ going to come from to do it. In part by auto makers but not the oil makers. We are at least 10 yrs away from one we can put on the market which is why I didn't state this as an option just yet. I say we just join an-anti SUV movement if there is such a thing. I hate those damn things...But everyone else seems to love them.
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

RoRo wrote:Well, gas prices as Bigguna pointed out are going up
First off Big said prices were going down. 2nd in a war gas prices go out because we reroute gas to the military. Gas is going back down due to oil that was seized being exported to various countries, not just the US
I meant down..sorry about that...

RoRo wrote:There's a lot of different politics in this war, but mostly I think it's about money. Looking at things from a different perspective...ok from an enviromentalist perspective
So...I don't agree with this war, we aren't really doing anything over there that they probably wanted us to do in the first place.
What about the Humanitarian prospective? We are saving the lives of an entire oppressed population. Now that Saddam is gone they cheer us in the streets! Sure there will be problems rising up a new gov't there but we have brought these people hope out of the darkness.
I think that is a very good reason to be over there...yeah those people need liberated, but I honestly don't feel like that's the reason we're over there. I think there's a lot more politics and money reasons, etc. I don't know, I'm not one to really follow the news too well, but I guess I'm just dissapointed with how much money rules our government. Politicians are more interested in peoples vote and money than the better good of the country. Even though they talk you up in a speech by saying all the right things, etc., their actions prove that they are more concerned with money than the better welfare of those who vote for him/her.
"If I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I'd be holding the galaxy!" -Unknown
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

bah alternate means of propulsion won't be as good until gas really starts to run out, right now theres just no market. if no ones buying theres no reason to build and produce it. when that happens the car will be just as good and likly better
You're not your character class
You're not how much gil you have in the bank
You're not the airship you fly
You're not the contents of your item screen
You're not your fuggin' armor
You are the all fightin' all spellcasting heros of the world
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

RoRo wrote:
I think that is a very good reason to be over there...yeah those people need liberated, but I honestly don't feel like that's the reason we're over there. I think there's a lot more politics and money reasons, etc. I don't know, I'm not one to really follow the news too well, but I guess I'm just dissapointed with how much money rules our government. Politicians are more interested in peoples vote and money than the better good of the country. Even though they talk you up in a speech by saying all the right things, etc., their actions prove that they are more concerned with money than the better welfare of those who vote for him/her.
It never is a Humanitarian thing as I have stated previously.Anyway $$ and greed is good it keeps people wanting to achieve. I'm upset that everyone thinks that we are doing the right thing for "the world". Or "stopping terrorism" those are just ways to justify our actions. Sure the Iraqis may be cheering now but with all the shit we blew up who is going to rebuild? It will have to be us otherwise we may face Saddam x10. And where is he anyway? Allot of people think the war is near an end but it isn't even close, troops may very well still be there for years to come. 45 cruise missles hit thier targets each day for at least a week straight. Notice how everytime you turn on the News something new is burning? It is also smart for us to help rebuild... getting another oil outlet and setting up another base of opperation.
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Ok so what happened to the War??
Today I'm in carson getting gas and it's down to a decent 1.76 gal mid grade 90 octane. Much better than 2.13. It got me thinking, ok so is the war actually over or are we just tired of hearing about it. Watching CNN there isn't as much in depth coverage, new stuff isn't smoldering everyday like it has been for the past month. The big thing now has been the Russian space ship. It just sort of bothers me. I mean we can go start a war and everything but when it comes to rebuilding our news crews find that boring. Oh well at least the people of Iraq have the right to protest their collapsed cities in peace without fear of getting shot by the republican gaurd. Shieite (play on words for those somewhat educated) :wink:
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

I actually just read about Iraq in the paper today. How they are enjoying their new freedom from oppression. As well as the freedoms they have gained now. Check out the Tahoe Daily Tribune to read the artical.
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted: