Operation Iraqi Liberation

Anything interesting been happening around you? Anything in world news that you find interesting? Share with us!

Moderator: Super Moderator

BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

I was watching the News on one of my breaks and I thought it was interestng that about 33% of Americans support the war in Iraq. But last year it was something like 70%. Talk about standing tall in adversity people of America :roll:

I origionally wrote this post in response to a Pro Bush statement. And I still think him and his cabinet are F*in Morons. I was part of the small percentage that didn't agree with the "war on terror" in the first place. Now that doesn't mean I'm right but I never saw this as a "clean war". Even when the first bomb dropped I said something to the avail that this reminds me too much of Vietnam. Now apperentley the mainstream is catching on to this train of thought.

Ok so it's almost been a year since this post, and what exactly have we accomplished?

Good
-We got Saddam
-Iraq is free?
-Iraq gets Hundreds of Millons of Dollars in aid

Bad
-Sorry No wepons of mass destruction, OIL or Vendetta, you decide.
-Gas prices still suck, they suck even worse because we're used to it now
-Terrorist attacks are even more frequent in the world
-Hundreds of soldiers have died, And more are being called for duty
-Iraq gets Hundreds of Millons of Dollars in aid, from The US... not the UN as many people think. That means OUR TAXES

Now is it just me or is that just a little lopsided? I'd hate to put the blame solely on a political campaign. But it sure does look like they deserve it. Maybe not today but in years to come we might feel the sting of what has happened in this office. Would getting Bush out of office solve this problem? NO, but I do think we need a fresh perspective on this matter. I don't think we can have him in office for 4 more years if we're just going to keep plugging at it. After all his aggenda was Iraq from the start. It could have been Vendetta or it could have been Oil. But the Bush administration is way too uptight and tenacious to let up on this matter, which could cause more problems. Sorry stating it PC... They have great resolve. :roll: Any other thoughts on this matter?
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

I had a discussion earlier today about the gas prices and politics. How nothing has changed, why even Nevada and California Senators are looking into why nothing has changed. Earlier there was a debate that in times of war we hold quite a bit in reserve. That may be the true, but when I was discussing this I started tying it all together out of the blue. Now mind you there is no proof to this, good conspiracies don't leave proof just lying about. But this situation seems like skimming to me.

For instance, in the off season gas stations sometimes keep the prices at a highly inflated rate.This offsets any jump that may occur say the following holiday weekend. But this is just done on a different side, I don't know the exact chain of events but it's like the Gov't Taxes oil companies more or sets a price limit. This cost is made up by charging the gas stations and various things down the chain more per barrel. Their cost is then passed on along to us as consumers.

Now possibly this price is neither the real price of gas or even the economic theory of supply/demand, it could be just an artificially inflated rate that someone theorized wouldn't piss off the American public as much as say an extra dollar per gallon for the war effort. Cause then heads would roll, and we'd be out of there tomarrow. The scary thing is what they can do with the spare change from this rate. This can be how Iraq will get that fat check from the USA for rebuilding... Well most of what we bombed the crap out of earlier. It might make your head hurt but the Gov't always jerks us around anyway.

And if you don't want to think about that check this out instead.
The big list