Andrew Loyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera

Are you a movie junkie? Do you know every line from your favorite movies? Come on in and share with us!

Moderator: Super Moderator

Lady Draven
Active Listener
Active Listener

Andrew Loyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera

Post by Lady Draven »

Okay,
I figured I should get to posting a review at some point.
Alright first off let me say that I have seen the play like seven times. including in London. And I have read the book. Now to the movie, in my oppinion it was totally and completly awsome. The opening scene gave me the chills. The sets and costumes were amazing, the makeup for the phantom could have been a little better. The casting was great... The girl that played the female lead is my size and was apparently 16 when they filmed, and for someone my size to be able to carry that role, in almost perfect pitch is amazing. Now to the Phantom Gerrard Butler soo totally rocks, I mean come on this guy had never sung opera in his life before the movie and he played the Phantom to the tee..Of course it didn't hurt that he's a hott scottsman with that oh so lovely accent and those pierceing blue eyes that looked soo good behind the mask(s). The other male lead was a pansey....... I guess thats how its sposed to be because the viewer/reader is sposed to fall in love with/sympathize with the Phantom, but this guy just bugged me down to the way they costumed him.....for example the movie/book/play takes play in 17th century Paris and this guy Raoul, is sposed to be a Viscount.....and through most of the movie save for one scene he had his shoulder length hair lose.....no highborn man of that time period would even think of going out in public without his hair tied back. Well thats my rather scatter brained review......if you love a dark tragic love story and you don't mind the music...this movie is a must see for sure its actually worth the 9.50. And for a better grasp on the whole phantom concept I leave you with a quote from Gerrard Butler...

"Nothin' like a badass to make a girls heart beat faster"
That which does not kill me.... makes me stronger
jhgdesign
Welcome the N0obie!
Welcome the N0obie!

Raoul

Post by jhgdesign »

I loved that movie too! But I've never seen the play and I've been told a million times that I have to go see it but I don't know where I can in San Luis Obispo California (I'm stuck here right now cause that is where I go to college). I do have to say that I liked Raoul though, I thought he was a sweet guy! Phantom was hot though.