The Believer

Are you a movie junkie? Do you know every line from your favorite movies? Come on in and share with us!

Moderator: Super Moderator

MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

The Believer

Post by MR.STRIKER »

I rented this movie the other night. It was another version of American History X, except there was no funny moments in this movie. It was about a Jewish kid that grows up to be a Neo Nazi.
To hate the Jews you have to study on why you hate them.
The main character hid from the rest of the world that he was Jewish, he was the most powerful of the Klan. If you like political movies that have a point, then you will like this. Like I said there is no comic relief at all in this movie, its very serious in the aspect of human nature. The down fall about this movie, was that after I watched it, I had a different opinion of the Jewish religion and it wasn't a good one. There is no way, I think what happened to them was right, but in this movie the main character made some good points and facts about what happened. I'm not racist at all, I have no beef with anyone who is different from me, but this movie changed me a little after seeing it. If you see this movie you will understand why. A father is telling a story t one of the nazi boys about what happened to his son, and how a S.S Solider killed his 3 year old son in front of him and he stood there and did nothing. That bothered me, I know according to books I have read "even the Bible" said that the Hebrews never fought for their country, nore would they fight to save the life of their son according to the main character. It made me mad, that this man sat there and watched his kid die and did nothing. I would fight the Soldier even if I died, at least I would die with pride and not have to see my son die. Out of my usual 10 stars, I gave this a * * * * * 1/2. the reason so low, is because the message was there, but it wasn't a good one. I recommend it to 17+.
As the wicked stand confounded, Call to me; with thy saints surrounded.
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Re: The Believer

Post by RoRo »

I know according to books I have read "even the Bible" said that the Hebrews never fought for their country, nore would they fight to save the life of their son according to the main character.

I don't know about this movie, but not all jews are like that. I really don't think non-violence is specifically a jewish thing. I'm sure there are many jews who are pacificists, but it's not like pacificism is strictly a jewish thing and therefore part of their doctrine. If you look, there are many wars and battles the jews/isrealites fought in the bible. Yeah, they didn't have to directly fight for their land as in a battle, but God had to. The egyptians wouldn't let the Hebrews go, God had to fight with plagues and diseases to get them released. And when Isreal finally became a country, there were many many battles. That land is still fought over to this day. Three different religions at least believe that land is their holy land, and they continue to fight for it.
I'm not sure about this movie, but I don't think that all hebrews adhere to that belief. There are many pacificists in the world however who believe all acts of violence are bad and probably, in a situation like the soldier killing the child, wouldn't try to save their child. I don't know if they would just sit there and watch them die, but who knows...I'm not really a pacificist...well to that extreme anyway. It does sound like an interesting movie though....maybe I'll check it out.
"If I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I'd be holding the galaxy!" -Unknown
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

I'm not meaning for this to turn into a heated debate, I was explaining the movie.
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

I didn't mean to make it seem like I wanted to debate... I just had a different take on what you said about the movie. Sorry if I was misleading...
"If I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I'd be holding the galaxy!" -Unknown
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

No prob.... I didn't want to come across as a bigot. I didn't mean to take sides. This will be better explained if you rent this.
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

and this is the reason i quit watching political "make-you-think" movies.
I usually watch US government corruption flicks, that way i know what it is I'm starting to hate as a reformed anarchist. (IE: anti-corporate, and current mode of government, but not for total chaos)

Unnnnggh-
Dementia

"I am allowed to sexually harass my boss."

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."