The Ring

Are you a movie junkie? Do you know every line from your favorite movies? Come on in and share with us!

Moderator: Super Moderator

MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

The Ring

Post by MaudDib125 »

On a recommendation from my friends in my philosphy class I went out to pick up this flick from the movie store. I had personally avoided it because it sounded stupid. But I was assured it was a good movie.

Well I was glued to the TV from the start of the movie all the way through. On the edge of my chair even! The movie was awesome! It even had my heart racing a little. I haven't seen a movie that pulls you in for quite awhile. If you wanna be scared this is your movie. All I can say is: wow!
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

True that, this is probably one of the best horror movies of today's times. Not many movies actually draw your attention in and keep you in suspense of what might and what is going to happen.

I guess what makes it so scary is that it's part of superstitions, and those most people know about, and it kind of makes you wonder. The other bad part is that after you watch it, it kind of makes you think...who knows what weird sick twisted tape is lying around out there that could do this. You'd never know that you watched it until it was too late. :x
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

yeah I saw it last time I was on leave still don't know if it was cool or if it sucked

some parts were really well done, like the fly on the screen bit that was cool and for the most part it didn't make me laugh like most horror flicks, and its the first movie I've seen in a LONG time where I didn't see everything comming 110 miles away, but then again the plot was pretty lame

awsome presentation for a really weak plotline I think
You're not your character class
You're not how much gil you have in the bank
You're not the airship you fly
You're not the contents of your item screen
You're not your fuggin' armor
You are the all fightin' all spellcasting heros of the world
007xtreme
Welcome the N0obie!
Welcome the N0obie!

Post by 007xtreme »

i must agree the ring was pretty great. but i have to mention that fear dot com will f*ck you up a little bit after you see it, another freaky movie is 8mm (eight millimeter) as in the horror section i think thats the scarriest movie i ever see, besides some bad teen movie. bla.
Any time i watch the ring theres something 'bout it that reels me in to watching the movie. i dont have to watch the begining part, know it down. but the rest of the movies worth while, i would pretty much be hurting if i saw the movie and the phone rang, someone of you call my house and say "7 dayzzz" then i will have to pass that shit on my brotha. like no other
This is what comes at the bottom of everypost.- corey
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

True that, this is probably one of the best horror movies of today's times. Not many movies actually draw your attention in and keep you in suspense of what might and what is going to happen.
As most of you know, I'm a horror movie freak, and just a freak to boot. I thought that movie was high quality shit. Sorry for my French. I don't think this movie will gain any popularity in the future. If you want to watch a movie that will mess with your head, watch all Phantasm movies.

The Ring, really didn't make sense, it was like ohhhh TV, bad movie scarrrrry, for one that hop piece of ass shouldn't have died in the beginning of the movie. For 2, there was no one killer, at least in the classic horror movies, there was a stalker that would kill the kids from elm street on Friday the 13th on the night of Halloween, while resting in a grave yard next to your favorite doll named chucky, and waiting for the evil dead in the great state of Texas. For who ever is in Tahoe July 7, I will take any willing to go see Freddy Vs. Jason. It may be crap but it is a classic that will one day be the king of all horror movies, I have waited 5 years for this movie.

I give the RING **1/2
With means I will not give a ring to commit to seeing this again.
If you ever want to see some of the best horror movies, stop by my house and say hi. There not scary to me but they are just the shit.

MR.STRIKER; Been dressing up like Chucky to get chicks: since 1991

P.S Jeepers Creepers #2 comes out this July. :twisted:
As the wicked stand confounded, Call to me; with thy saints surrounded.
XStatic4
Welcome the N0obie!
Welcome the N0obie!

Post by XStatic4 »

True, I thought that The Ring was pretty good. But if someone tells you (happy Travis?) that Ringu (Japanese version that inspired The Ring) is better than the American version, tell them to shut up, because then they apparently don't know good horror. I saw Ringu, hearing it was much better than The Ring. Boy, I was disappointed. The only scary thing about this movie is the music, which is a little better than ours since it's really high-pitched and all.

I'm a complete horror movie buff, as is Travis, and I've seen lots and lots of movies that were recommended to me as better than the original, and I've come up with this conclusion: ORIGINALS ARE BETTER. With the exception of Ringu, of course.

Take The Night of the Living Dead, for example. I always thought that those movies were good. The original (black and white version) I thought was better just because it had a better understanding of that time. So yeah.

Another thing is the most sequels also suck. Freddy 2 made me pissed, since the original storyline was lost and the only thing left was gore. Funny funny gore as it may have been, you can still skip from #1 to #3 and not miss a beat. Same with Final Destination 2. I was laughing almost every time someone died because it was pathetic. The one part that was hilarious, though, was the ending. Priceless. But nevertheless, this movie was stupid senseless gore, and did wrong to the first one and it's surviving characters.

And a personal note to Travis: If I'm visiting during July 7, I definetly want to go see Freddy vs. Jason. I've been wanting to see that for a long time. Also, Jeepers Creepers wasn't that good, except for the ending, which both made me laugh and pissed about a certain sister not dying instead...she is a terrible actress and derserved to be eaten alive.

But sure...that's it. :colorbounce:
*Why does every guy relate sex to a theme park attraction?*
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

The Black and white version of night of the living dead was a classic the first time people saw it. It is a movie about irony instead of Zombies. I saw Rangu, I hated every second of it. Trust me Sara, your no horror movie buff compared to me. I guarantee I can beat anyone at trivia when it comes towards those movies. You are always more than welcome to test me. her is one! Without looking it up. Who is Angus Scrimm? And what movie was he in? What is his real name, Angus Scrimm is a fake name. Just IM me sometime. I would love to chat with you about horror movies.
XStatic4
Welcome the N0obie!
Welcome the N0obie!

Post by XStatic4 »

Angus Scrimm is easy. He always played the Tall Man or Jebidiah Morningside (sp?) in the Phantasm movies. Duh. And his real name is Lawrence Rory Guy, making his nickname Rory Guy. Anymore brain busters? I'll take you on anyday for horror trivia...c'mon, hit me with your best shot! :twisted:

*Puts fists up in fighting stance, one hand holds a DVD controller*
*Why does every guy relate sex to a theme park attraction?*
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Mr Striker wrote:For who ever is in Tahoe July 7, I will take any willing to go see Freddy Vs. Jason. It may be crap but it is a classic that will one day be the king of all horror movies, I have waited 5 years for this movie.
5 yrs that's it. I've been waiting for Freddy to kick the crap out of Jason since the origional Friday 13th.
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

5 yrs that's it. I've been waiting for Freddy to kick the crap out of Jason since the origional Friday 13th.
Slap hands, I will be waiting for that moment. I cant wait to see it. Plus the hole origional Friday the 13th, you wern't born in 1979-1980, when the first one came out, but you still kick ass for what you said.

Sara,
That answer is cool, but you could of found easy on http://www.phantasm.com. I want this to be 1 on 1, but for the hell of it. Who is the voice of Chucky and what recent movie is he in?
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Me and my cousin watched it when I was 6 yrs old. I couldn't sleep that night cause I kept seeing that face. The jason movies were just always so dumb they were funny.
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

That movie is bomb ass, I cant get over the whole "There is a rock, lets go have sex!"

"mom mom mom kill kill kill" scary music! then slice and dice...
Those movies are the bomb.
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

8O OMG I saw the the complete collection yesterday when I was out shopping.Friday 13th-New nightmare. You even get the 3d specs.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Now that's rad!

No only do you get the great movie, but you get to have them come out and try to get YOU now!

We need to have a movie night, all get 3D glasses and watch it. :)
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
sexykiller187
Troll
Troll

Post by sexykiller187 »

i agree with all u that The ring was a good movie it's not like all the other movies where girl's run upstairs and get there head cut off.well at first i thought the ring would be a dumm movie but i was wrong i could not even keep my eyes away from the movie this is one of the best sceary movie's i'v seen in my life but it did not scear me that much only when my friend jumped and yelled i jumped too.The best part of the movie was the end of it. O:) :twisted: