Donnie Darko

Are you a movie junkie? Do you know every line from your favorite movies? Come on in and share with us!

Moderator: Super Moderator

Jen
Troll
Troll

Donnie Darko

Post by Jen »

I was informed by a close friend and confidante that I was to purchase Donnie Darko because if I only rented it, I would love it so much I'd turn around and want to buy it.

I have feelings about this movie, but I'd like some input from others before I get graphic.

:)

Jen
That Joan of Arc is one tasty piece of bitch.
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

That movie was kind of crazy, pre-appocolyptic visions and the walking (almost chard) undead creatures. I didn't think the movie was that great though. It was probably just the story rather than the acting.
Jen
Troll
Troll

Post by Jen »

I made the mistake of watching it in the middle of the night (uncharacteristic of me, which you folks didn't know)... And I just couldn't keep awake.

I had been a fan of the song "Mad World" before I'd seen the movie, and the song is very rad and I love it dearly. But the movie just jerked me the wrong way. I did end up buying it so I can watch it at a later date and maybe when I am semi-conscious.

The rabbit with the skull... that was just freaky... I don't know if I want to relive the FRANK experience anytime soon.
XStatic4
Welcome the N0obie!
Welcome the N0obie!

Post by XStatic4 »

I personally thought that Donnie Darko was a good movie. True, the storyline is a bit...well...fuked up in the head, it was good. Jake Gyllenthal surprised me by playing such a dark role. His sister in the movie, Maggie Gyllenthal, is his real life sister, too, by the way. But the movie had the makings for a good psychological thriller.

Hello to all you Fukasses out there!
Heh heh... :D
*Why does every guy relate sex to a theme park attraction?*
Jen
Troll
Troll

Post by Jen »

I haven't watched it again (yet)... Dunno if I will.....
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

just watched it myself it earns the official psycho twisted mind**** seal of approvel
You're not your character class
You're not how much gil you have in the bank
You're not the airship you fly
You're not the contents of your item screen
You're not your fuggin' armor
You are the all fightin' all spellcasting heros of the world