Need Comfort? Look who is praying for you!

"Pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results." James 5:16

Moderators: TahoeJazzLover, Tessababes, Super Moderator

TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Need Comfort? Look who is praying for you!

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

Jesus prayed to the Father:
"My prayer is not for the whole world, but for the chosen ones you have given me, because they belong to you. Father, keep them and care for them so that they will be united just as we are. I'm asking you to keep them safe from the evil one. Make them pure and holy by teaching them your words of truth.

I am praying also for all who will ever believe in me. My prayer for all of them is that they will be one, just as you and I are one, Father; that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me. Then the world will know that you sent me and will understand that you love them as much as you love me.

Father, I want these whom you've given me to be with me, so they can see my glory. You gave me the glory because you loved me even before the world began!

O righteous Father, the world doesn't know you, but I do; and these disciples know you sent me. And I have revealed you to them and will keep on revealing you. I will do this so that your love for me may be in them and I in them." from John Chapter 17

Jesus is still praying for you, He knows what you are going through. Remember, God is on your side. Take comfort from His Word.

http://www.blueletterbible.com
Start with the Psalms for comfort -- it's all in there
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Look who is cheering for you!

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

In the book of Acts there is a really cool story about Stephen, a follower of Christ, who was stoned to death for his bold testimony that Jesus is God. What I like about the story was as Stephen was about to give up his spirit, he gazed steadily upward into heaven and saw the glory of God, and saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

Most times in the Bible, we read of Jesus sitting at the right hand of God. Here, however, we see Him standing—not anxiously, but to welcome Stephen into glory.

Think of this -- He is sitting now because He knows you will make it if you put your faith in Him. He is not anxiously pacing back and forth saying "I wonder if this person is going to make it..." but instead, He is calmly sitting next to the Father, interceding for us.

It's when things are the hardest, He is standing up to cheer you on.

All you gotta do is look up.
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez