Moving Quotes from the Bible

"Pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results." James 5:16

Moderators: TahoeJazzLover, Tessababes, Super Moderator

Tessababes
Active Listener
Active Listener

Moving Quotes from the Bible

Post by Tessababes »

"I trust in your love. My heart is happy because you saved me"- Psalm 13:5

I was heading down the path and that wasnt me, now that I found my way back with the lord. My heart is happy. Praise God he saved me.
"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you"

"Whatever I face, God is with me"

"Girl, recognize game before game recognizes you!!"-Chingy

"Hey dont hate the player, hate the game!!"- Will Smith and Tessa!!
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son,
so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

...and that's exactly what Jesus does... saves us! He said:

"I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die like everyone else, will live again. They are given eternal life for believing in me and will never perish. Do you believe this?"

That's all it takes...if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead...
you too will be saved!

No wonder the Gospel means "Good News!"
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez
TahoeJazzLover
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by TahoeJazzLover »

Lots of people quote the Bible when it's not really in there. For instance "God helps those who help themselves" is not in the Bible. It's when we humble ourselves and realize we need help, God helps us. Psalm 40:17 says: "Since I am afflicted and needy, Let the Lord be mindful of me. You are my help and my deliverer, O my God." Psalm 46:1 says:"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble."

So to help us understand a little bit about the Bible, I thought I'd share this from http://www.Harvest.org:

What Is the Bible?
The Bible is a book of history, science, poetry, and human behavior. Most importantly, it is a love story that reveals the heart of God through the person of His Son, Jesus Christ.

The Bible Is Unique
The Bible was written over a period of 1,500 years by more than 40 authors in three languages on three continents. Rather than contradicting one another, the writers maintained complete historical, moral, prophetical, and theological accuracy. They wrote with harmony and continuity from Genesis to Revelation.

The Bible Was Inspired by God
The Bible was written by men (2 Peter 1:20–21) under the inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16). God exerted His supernatural influence on the writers of the Bible. In other words, God was the author and men were His writing instruments.

The Bible is to Be Read and Studied
Studying the Bible is an absolute must for Christians. The Bible instructs,
“Study to show thyself approved unto God . . .� (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). The systematic preaching of the Bible is impossible without the systematic study of the Bible. We are not to skim a few verses in our daily Bible reading, nor are we to study a passage only when we’re about to share it. We need to immerse ourselves daily in God’s Word, like the Bereans who searched the Scriptures daily (Acts 17:11).

The Bible Teaches Us
To build a model airplane, we need to follow a set of instructions. Only then will the final product look like its counterpart on the box. In the same way, we need to follow God’s instruction manual for life, the Bible. Only then will our lives reflect Jesus Christ. The Bible says, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness� (2 Timothy 3:16).

The Bible Gives Us Hope
The Bible was “written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope� (Romans 15:4). We find hope through learning about God, His ways, and His plans for our lives. When we discover the promises of God, we recognize there is more to life than merely existing. We discover there is life beyond this life. Through the Bible, we obtain hope, encouragement, comfort, strength, wisdom, and much more. Best of all, we gain an understanding of how to know God personally and how to live for Him righteously.

The Bible Gives Direction
To find our way through the dark, we need a flashlight. Only then can we see clearly and avoid stumbling. The psalmist described God’s Word as “a
lamp to my feet, and a light to my path� (Psalm 119:105). As we allow the Bible to direct our lives, we’ll keep from stumbling and falling.

If you want to be wise, read the Bible. If you want to be safe, believe the
Bible. If you want to be right, obey the Bible.

Copyright © 2001 by Harvest Christian Fellowship. All rights reserved.
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.php/6/10.html
The greatest thing that you will ever learn
is just to love, and be loved in return.
-Nature Boy Eden/Ahbez