X-Men Legends

Anything relating to the internet, computers, or tech stuff is discussed here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

X-Men Legends

Post by Fvolfrine »

New X-Men game comes out tomorrow.

Role playing game, you get to pick four X-Men to whoop ass all over nerds and Magneto and whoever else wants to be gay.

I'll be in line tomorrow to get it (and Hilary Duff's new CD too!)

And then my life will lost to my X-Box.

X-Men on the X-Box. Who's the nerd now!
stand tall, stand proud
every beginning is breaking it's promise
i'm having trouble just finding some soul in this town
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Re: X-Men Legends

Post by BigGunna »

Fvolfrine wrote:Who's the nerd now!
That's cool mang, but Hillary Duff???
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Re: X-Men Legends

Post by dementiastar »

BigGunna wrote:
Fvolfrine wrote:Who's the nerd now!
That's cool mang, but Hillary Duff???
That's what I said. :lol:

"I am allowed to sexually harass my boss."

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

so the game doesn't actually come out until Thursday now. Bastards

And Gunna, Hilary Duff's CD comes out next Tuesday, but I know that you already have a copy of it reserved at your local Best Buy.

Just like how Buzzman is still in mourning ever since Britney Spears got married. Notice that he hasn't posted at all since her wedding? Coincidence? I think not. Poor Buzz is heart-broken. But don't worry Buzz, I doubt she'll be celebrating her one year anniversary.

And there is always Christina Aguilerra. :twisted:
stand tall, stand proud
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

Ha ha I picked up my copy today! Its pretty cool a little odd to get used to but all in all a good game! Once you get access to the mansion go play trivia for xp its hella easy stuff and is thus an easy way to build your early lvls.

Overall the graphics/art could have used a bit more work. Wolverine as well as all the others don't look nearly as nice as they do in the cartoons, comics, or past games.

All in all I give this game a solid B+ to start with. Definitely worth the 50 bucks which is something I don't say too often these days. Now if you excuse me I gotta get back to playing!
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

Yeah, i bought it yesterday, played it for a few hours last night. As far as the trivia game goes, there are about 25 questions, I missed three. Not bad, but I felt like a HUGE nerd while I was taking it and getting all of those answers right.

Thank God for weekends, because this is definitely going to be an X-Men weekend.
stand tall, stand proud
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

and the Danger room is a ton of fun - it's like playing training missions, but you get experience and special prizes as you go.

I might start the game over today, knowing now what I do, I think I could do the first few hours of the game a lot better.

Can't wait to play this as a multiplayer against some of you guys. Not only is there multiplayer support for the regular game, but it also has games like king od the hill and other Halo-type games for hours of fun.

Too bad it doesn't support X-Box Live
stand tall, stand proud
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

OK, I am a huge nerd...

I have already put 15 hours into this game. I got goosbumps when Magma was asked to join the X-Men, because I felt like I was joining them (that's the whole point of having Alison as a new character, she is like the player, new to the game, new to this world). Huge nerd!

Best part of the game so far is when Iceman was talking about how nervous he and the rest of the X-Men are about Magneto being free. He says something like "Even Wolverine is on edge. This morning, I ate the last ice cream sandwich, and he said he was going to tear out my heart and eat it in front of me" when usually all he says is he's going to tear out my heart. I was rolling with laughter.

This game makes me feel like the coolest nerd around.
stand tall, stand proud
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

23 hours into the game.

I've saved the city a few times, whopped up on the Astral Plane, and even met little Bishop.

I have unlocked all but one player, not sure who it is, but I know I'll find out tomorrow, when I play for another 10 hours.

Meh!
stand tall, stand proud
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Fvolfrine wrote:...Too bad it doesn't support X-Box Live
Are you on Live? My Gamer Tag is... Biggunna. I admit not very origional, but that's who I be.
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

no, no X-Box live yet, haven't found a game that I wanted to play online yet against others.

Is it worth the $50?
stand tall, stand proud
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

It's not so bad. You get downloadable levels and what not that make the game interesting. The communicator function is cool because you can talk smack all the time, but sometimes it gets annoying.

I have the plan at like 6$ per month because I was trying it out, so if you put it that way yeah it's worth 50 for the year. I haven't played anything in a while but PGR2, Pandora Tomarrow, and GP2 are solid online games.
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

Hell Yeah!

Activision Developing X-Men Legends Sequel

Based on strong consumer response to its action role playing game X-Men Legends , Activision, Inc. announced today that the company is developing a sequel based on the ever-popular Marvel franchise with Raven Software. The original game challenges players to master the attributes of their favorite X-Men by creating, customizing and controlling teams of four mutants as they embark on a quest to stop the extinction of mankind. The title is currently available worldwide for the PS2, Xbox, and GameCube.

"For 40 years Marvel's X-Men have captivated consumers worldwide and today the brand is stronger than ever," said Ron Doornink, CEO of Activision Publishing. "X-Men Legends is already on track to be the best selling game in the franchise's history."

"We are thrilled with the critical and consumer response to X-Men Legends. Marvel and Activision are committed to ensuring that the X-Men Legends series will continue to be a top notch game franchise for years to come," said Ames Kirshen, director of video game development at Marvel.
stand tall, stand proud