My Truck

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

Flamebo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

My Truck

Post by Flamebo »

Ok, here are some pic's of the truck I just bought. I'm jacking dementiastar and using her "pimp my ride" idea. (Sorry I wasn't helpfull on your car....but I was obviously overclassed on that comp, and I got out of it the macho-ist way I could. =p )

So basically what are your suggestions?

'98 Ford Ranger- Short Bed, 4.0 liter V6, Manual Trans
Audio- JVC head, 10" Kicker Sub, amp and mids TBD
Suspension- Fab-Tech (more TBD)
Exhaust- Flowmaster
Rims- 15"
Tires- 33" BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A

Note- Will edit with more info as I get it. I don't know much about all this crap, so I gotta have Kenny look at some of it, and the audio, I can't remember off the top of my head. =P

(currently I'm thinking Billet Grill, and eventually I'd like to add some more off-roading stuff like a Skid Plate. Kenny is thinking I need an Intake and mass airflow sensor + reprogramer thing. I'm like WTF mate?)
Last edited by Flamebo on Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I'd say that unless you plan on off roading a lot (very expensive) or going to competitions, and really only plan on using your truck for transportation, screw all that expensive modding look at me I have a bad ass truck / car look. Go for what you need, nothing more. The only area that I would make sure works to your liking is the sound system. You don't need to go balls to the wall, but something that will make you happy within your budget is the sensible thing to do.
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
Flamebo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Flamebo »

There is a national park thing about 20 min south of corona. Kenny and I plan on going offroading up there every weekend. Not, hardcore....but I I'll prob romp if I see something that looks fun. Like Mud Pits style. I need to find out how much clearance I'd lose with a skid plate, cause I don't think that will cost too much, and at least protect my ass a little from putting a whole through the bottom of my engine.

But no, for the most part, I'm looking for "look" mods. How hard is it to shave the emblem off the tailgate? Also, I'm not sure I like the euro taillights....opinions? I do dig the rims though.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Ok, if you're doing any off roading at all, it's a very good idea to get the skid plate. It shouldn't shave off much clearance at all as it goes over your engine and your wheel axles are lower then that.

So long as you're not hitting rocks and bouncing your truck all over the place, spinning your wheels and skidding out should only really hurt your tires, so those will have to be replaced more often, and just make sure to keep up with engine maintenance (3,000 miles oil change, 15,000 miles transmission change). Just remember don't get too crazy because sometimes accidents happen, and cars are money pits. :(

To shave off the emblem, I'm assuming it's just the plastic letters or symbol and that can be taken off easily, you'll just have a hole in your car where the pegs attached to the car, that is unless they were lame and glued it (like my car) and then it might be a bigger problem.

Where's BigGunna? I know he would probably know some zippy things to do.
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Speak and you shall recieve Grasshoppa. That looks like a pretty badass little truck dude. We''ll start with emblem shaving. there may be some little holes for the pegs or a bolt like Buzz said. That's not the real problem though. There is an adhesive molding tape that keeps the emblems on. You don't pry the fugger off because you can seriously damage the paint and what not. Instead use some fishing line get behind it and saw that thing off. Then you can pry it off much easier and save the emblem for something later.

I can find you some stuff but it's kinda what your going for that does the trick. If It were me I'd go with a brush gaurd up front with like a winch!
ImageIn back you can do either the clean Tonneu cover
or go with a rollbar with some lights on top. Maybe both?

Oh get some running boards too
-I don't need to prove my Machismo to anyone...I'll just kick their ass.
-Love everyone, trust no one.
-Live life like a sniper, you only get one shot so make it count
Andrea
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Andrea »

Pimp my ride-
I would do nothing to your car. Why? Because your a d*ck, and honestly, I do not care what a d*ck's ride looks like. If you were going somewhere in that truck, it wouldn't be pimped anymore with you driving that beautiful bitch!

Points for being a b*tch- Negitive 30!
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

You alright Andrea?

Maybe he is, but every man is either a Di*k or an A**hole. Unless he's a mothafocker
-I don't need to prove my Machismo to anyone...I'll just kick their ass.
-Love everyone, trust no one.
-Live life like a sniper, you only get one shot so make it count
MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by MCmasters_girl »

don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
Flamebo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Flamebo »

I prefer being called a cock, but thats just cause it sounds B I G G E R.

So, I'm gonna be in Tahoe next weekend (Feb 19th and 20th), and Luke and I are gonna throw a little party...keg, hard alchy, and whatever Luke has stashed under his bed this week. I'm thinking Saturday night, but it'll kinnda depend on whenever Luke is offwork.

Andrea; Since you don't care what my ride looks like, its won't bother you if I pick you up in my buddy Kenny's car will it? (granted, I'm not driving to Sac.)

Lemmy know if you wanna come. Also, can you hook up Kathleen's phone number?

Thanks Hun-
Eric
Andrea
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Andrea »

Yeah I'm fine. I just took exactly what Eric wrote to Kera in the man olympics and changed his chicks to d*cks... So I wasn't really trying to be mean, but sarcastic by copying what he wrote..

Anywayz, I was going to go to Tahoe next week during the week so there isn't any tourists but we'll see about staying over the weekend.. And since you arn't going to Sac, no need to pick me up.. So I guess we'll just see. Who is all going?

I'll call Kathleen and ask if it is okay I give it to you and if she says yes I will
ALLLLLLLRIGHTY Then! :)
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

i say dtitch the truck and get yourself a tank. That's a REAL man's "car." So what if you can only go 35MPH, who the hell is gonna cut you off, tail gate you, or do that annoying "speed real fast by you to glare then switch into your lane to speed up, only to get caught up to 3 minutes later" shit.

"I am allowed to sexually harass my boss."

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."