Dr. Looooooove is in Da House

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

SPRING TIME!!! and as the Black Eyed Peas would say... "Where is the love?"

We lost an hour of sleep and my mind clock at least still hasn't adjusted. Birds are chirping, a cool breeze is the best thing to feel with the top down. Why it's even halfway warm weather wise in the Sierra Nevada's and I might hit the beach just to BBQ and catch a little tan. However if theres one thing hotter than a 58 degree afternoon it's Looooooooove. But it would be just another ho hum day without someone to share it with.

Something about spring sort of uplifts the lovely ness of looooove, at least for yours truly. Go out and get yourself something to uplift your spirits. Don't be like me and buy a frickin GT *although I am extremely pleased with it*, I mean like some spring/summer gear nothing too crazy. Or suprise your sweetie with something heartfelt. Go OUT with your freinds or family cause it's nice outside.

I haven't got much sleep these past 2 weeks because I feel like I got allot of living to do, winter always puts the Gunna in a little bit of hibernation frustration. But just like the ice that has pretty much thawed, just spreading around what I have to the peeps.
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

Personally, i think the coorelation of Spring and Love is lame! Yeah, its nice to have someone to share times with and spring time adds to that, especially with the newness of the season. Spring time and love are similar in the sense that when you start off a relationship it feels just like spring. You are coming out of a cold winter period in your life and are warmed up with new feelings of a fresh new start. However, I don't think that that feeling of newness should always have to come when spring arrives. Love should be celebrated during all the seasons of life, not just spring. And for all of those single one's out there(myself included)...I'm not just talking about lovey-dovey have to have someone to spend time with, etc...love. Personally, I think that that lovey-dovey romantic love is over-ratted! A.) it doesn't last B.) it doesn't solve all the problems that the movies or whoever it was who told you that it would and C.) I think there's so much more to love than that you share with a signifigant someone.
I'm not trying to bash love for those who are in love or to dump on what Bigguna was saying. I just think that in addition to what Bigguna was saying...remember your friends and family when it comes to love beacuse they will be with you so much longer than that feeling will last. And as a result, I think that because you will be able to love your friends and family more, you will find that when that special person does come along...it will be that much more awesome! Well, that's what I look forward to anyway. And to all my friends, who I hope know this already, I love you guys, even though I'm sure at times I don't show it.
Love,
Rochelle:-)
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

RoRo wrote:Personally, i think the coorelation of Spring and Love is lame!

And to all my friends, who I hope know this already, I looooove you guys, even though I'm sure at times I don't show it.
Love,
Rochelle:-)
Yeah what was I smoking when I wrote that anyway? I think I ate too much PIE and I got a tummy ache.

And I'm sure we all Lu lu lu lu like you very much too.

But off the cuff observation for you Guys and Gals...Do gals actually read this? Cause they should... here it goes, confession time.

The more I understand women it seems, THE LESS I UNDERSTAND WOMAN!!
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

BigGunna wrote:
The more I understand women it seems, THE LESS I UNDERSTAND WOMAN!!
Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure that's the way it is going to be probably for the rest of your life.
Andrea
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Andrea »

You know what is funny. Is no one has asked Dr. Looooove for advice like this thing is originally supposed to be here for. So i have a question and be prepared because it is dirty.. So, what do men prefer, the landing strip, bare, or natural? And you know what i mean....

From your dirty and curious friend
Ann
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Bua ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I can't wait for Eric's response to this! :D

I personally think it's all about the preference of each individual guy. Everyone has specific taste, so there really isn't one right answer.

What I've heard while listening to conversations is that a lot of guys prefer the landing strip. Some prefer bare, but some people have issues with that saying they feel like their girl's underage and hasn't grown down there yet. I have not heard much about natural, but there are people (Europe) that prefer it that way, so hey, to each their own!
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Oh no she didn't just bring it back like that. You know allot of peeps were embarrased so they asked Dr. Loooove in private. Why in the process Dr. Loooove traded actuall advice from others. I'm trying to become fluent in womanese, to no avail.

Anyway in responce to your question Ms.Coming in for a landing. The answer is all the above. If someone gets permission to buzz the tower, that's the last thing he should be thinking about. Am I right? But I agree with Buzz that it's a personal taste. If you want to go natural you really shouldn't let it get out of control, trim the hedges at least. You know what's really cool though? The designs like a heart, or like since we are men... an arrow.

Personally I love sushi, I just don't like to floss after I eat .
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

BigGunna wrote: I'm trying to become fluent in womanese, to no avail.
You won't. We're completely based off of emotions of one sort or another.
However, you can learn to speak one specific woman's form of the language; with MUCH time and patience, that is. With every woman, it's different.
While I speak Keranese--[quite possibly the most fractured, indirect, timid, boistrous, and masking of all branches of Womanese]--Andrea, for example, speaks Andreanadian which has it's own curve balls.
Until you grow The Woman's Unviversal Translator; often refered to as "The Uteris," the language barrier will remain. There will be no down-bringing of THAT Berlin Wall.
Get good at speaking one or two women's languages. You'll be a super genius if you can pull that off.

"I am allowed to sexually harass my boss."

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."
Andrea
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by Andrea »

Well honestly i didn't want to know for myself, i was curious and noticed there were no questions out in the open so yeah i brought it back like that :)
I just happen to be outgoing, thanks to Kera, she rubbed off on me a long time ago. I am suprised she didn't post something worse! LOL. Well thanks Dr.Looooove for your time!
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

dementiastar wrote:
However, you can learn to speak one specific woman's form of the language; with MUCH time and patience, that is. With every woman, it's different.
While I speak Keranese--[quite possibly the most fractured, indirect, timid, boistrous, and masking of all branches of Womanese]--Andrea, for example, speaks Andreanadian which has it's own curve balls.
Until you grow The Woman's Unviversal Translator; often refered to as "The Uteris," the language barrier will remain. There will be no down-bringing of THAT Berlin Wall.
Get good at speaking one or two women's languages. You'll be a super genius if you can pull that off.
I disagree, which seems to happen a lot between you and me dementia...
I think that women use that whole "language" bit as an excuse to mess with guys. For example, the classic one when a guy asks if you are ok and you're really not...according to the "language rule" the girls response is "i'm fine!" Ovbiously you're not fine...and I'm pretty sure that guys know we aren't fine so why don't we just come out and say what's bothering us?? No, we have to go around and play a game by saying "well, he should know what's bothering me because he was being a jerk...blah blah blah" its so stupid and as much as guys can be nice and charming and however high up on a pedistool you put them...they aren't mind readers!!!
I think one of the main things wrong with our society today is that instead of talking to our guys (even our guy friends about things) we keep them questioning...play mind games and raise them to be the jerks we claim that they now are!! It just makes me mad when girls sit there and play games messing with people's heads and whatever it is to make them feel better about their stupid self-centered lives!! Yeah, I realize that guys and girls deal with situations differently and think differently, but isn't it just easier to talk through the issue and get it all out in the open rather than letting it fester and build up until you explode or he explodes cuz you're not talking to him??
Maybe I'm wrong here, but guys...wouldn't you prefer that vs. "I'm fine!!"???
"If I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I'd be holding the galaxy!" -Unknown
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I would prefer to know what's going on if it's an issue that is important to my significant other. I know that I have a hard time explaining my feelings and have used the "I'm fine" line myself, but all in all, an open relationship that does not hinder communication between two people would be best.
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

I'm a guy I know all about the I'm fine clause. Lemme break it down for ya. This means I screwed up somwhere. I shouldn't ask because I know what I did because I did it. But in reality I have no frickin clue what I did. It's also the sound of her blowing you off.

I've run into this numerous times and I still do. If the whole world is crashing down around my sweetie I'll get to hear about it in lengthy detail. But if it involves me it's allot harder for her to tell me. Sure it's great to have open communication but you have to feel safe to share all of your views before having that understanding. That's the tricky part, we all tend to overreact when someone says something we don't want to hear.

Tommarrow we will study some terms in Manglish.
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

RoRo wrote:
dementiastar wrote:
I disagree, which seems to happen a lot between you and me dementia...
I think that women use that whole "language" bit as an excuse to mess with guys. For example, the classic one when a guy asks if you are ok and you're really not...according to the "language rule" the girls response is "i'm fine!" Ovbiously you're not fine...and I'm pretty sure that guys know we aren't fine so why don't we just come out and say what's bothering us?? No, we have to go around and play a game by saying "well, he should know what's bothering me because he was being a jerk...blah blah blah" its so stupid and as much as guys can be nice and charming and however high up on a pedistool you put them...they aren't mind readers!!!
I think one of the main things wrong with our society today is that instead of talking to our guys (even our guy friends about things) we keep them questioning...play mind games and raise them to be the jerks we claim that they now are!! It just makes me mad when girls sit there and play games messing with people's heads and whatever it is to make them feel better about their stupid self-centered lives!! Yeah, I realize that guys and girls deal with situations differently and think differently, but isn't it just easier to talk through the issue and get it all out in the open rather than letting it fester and build up until you explode or he explodes cuz you're not talking to him??
Maybe I'm wrong here, but guys...wouldn't you prefer that vs. "I'm fine!!"???
We may not always agree, but I can respect where you're coming from, despite the fact that our two species really do speak two different lanuages.
For example: Where girls are willing to talk about a problem in order to feel better, guys wanna shut down in their cave and mull over it until they find a solution. Matt and I run into that problem every now and again, but I've learned that if he's bothered, to just let him be alone, and if I'm upset, he just nods, smiles and lets me rant.

And that's just a tip of the iceberg as far as communications problems go with men and women.
Like I mentioned to eric, it is possible to understand the other, with time, practice and patience. It's not a matter of letting things fester, it's learning how and when to say things so as not to piss the other person off or just upset them more. This does differenciate with different people, everyone speaks and reacts to things differently. A perfect example would be that you and I disagree on a lot of things. That means we think differently, thus we would react to things differently.
And no it isn't good to just blow up at your partner/friend/what have you, and the old "I'm fine," has always been a cry for attention.

"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in 'team'. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up."
dementiastar
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by dementiastar »

BigGunna wrote:I'm a guy I know all about the I'm fine clause. Lemme break it down for ya. This means I screwed up somwhere. I shouldn't ask because I know what I did because I did it. But in reality I have no frickin clue what I did. It's also the sound of her blowing you off.

I've run into this numerous times and I still do. If the whole world is crashing down around my sweetie I'll get to hear about it in lengthy detail. But if it involves me it's allot harder for her to tell me. Sure it's great to have open communication but you have to feel safe to share all of your views before having that understanding. That's the tricky part, we all tend to overreact when someone says something we don't want to hear.

Tommarrow we will study some terms in Manglish.
It's not neccessarily anything you did...sometimes it's what you didn't do.
If a girl says I'm fine at you when she's in a dark, brooding mood; that usually means there is something--[even if it isn't related to you at all]--that is bugging her, but she feels that you won't understand or care to listen. And this feeling is more likely coming from the fact that you showed lack of interest or understanding in regards to something else.
But "I'm fine" is also a window of opportunity. You can redeem yourself here. A simple, compassionate "Well, when you need to talk, I'm all ears," can usually help ease out that which is bugging her.
Remeber that women need to talk to help relieve stress and problems, even if it doesn't always solve them at that moment. When a girl goes on a rant, she's not necessarily looking for a solution, which men are more focused on finding, especially when being talked to about a problem. Most guys see a need to talk as turning to someone else for assitance, and girls just see it as a means of finding reliefe.

BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

dementiastar wrote: It's not neccessarily anything you did...sometimes it's what you didn't do...
When a girl goes on a rant, she's not necessarily looking for a solution, which men are more focused on finding, especially when being talked to about a problem. Most guys see a need to talk as turning to someone else for assitance, and girls just see it as a means of finding relief.
Well yeah but there isn't really a difference in what I did or didn't do because I've come to realize It's easier if I just admit I probably screwed up somewhere. Because I probably did :wink:

I can see that, sometimes I want to be the protector and I'll do something to try to solve the problem. When, in essence I should probably sit there and look pretty... while listening. Because there will be a pop quiz at the end of the commentary. But guys need the ego stroking that comes with accomplishment. A woman can go out and she'll be hit on left and right so she values sincerity and compassion. A man on the other hand won't get that treatment as much so he has to conquer the situation to feel the same fufillment. AAARRRGGGHHH!