Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Are you a movie junkie? Do you know every line from your favorite movies? Come on in and share with us!

Moderator: Super Moderator

Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Post by Buzzman25 »

What are you doing reading this post?

Why are you still at your computer screen?

Have you bought tickets?

Are you just reading this to pass time before show-time?

You're losing your spot in line if you are!

Now get to the theater and see this movie!

No I'm not asking, I'm telling!

This movie kicked ass. It was a conclusion of the three and it was packed full of three and a half hours of goody goodness. The battles kicked ass, the kings stead guy sucked ass, and the undead whooped some ass!

If you've seen one of the movies, or both of them before, go watch this. If you have not seen any of them, rent 1 and 2 then go see 3.

I loved it and will be buying it on DVD. :colorbounce: :()
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

That was soooooo half assed.
Hey Everybody, This movie... KICKED ASS. You know why? Because it kicked ass!

I'll get around to it next week. Not really as excited to see it as everyone else. Either that or your review screwed it all up. And Legolas is an elf pansy... there I said it.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Oh yeah smart ass? I'll quote what Xkot said for ya then:
Xkot wrote:So yeah, I saw Return of the King. I can't come up with a review, though. All I can say is go see it, and here are some random thoughts (don't worry, no spoilers for you heathens who haven't read the books):

I'm surprised by how much I liked Pippin in the film. He was one of my favorite parts.

Just give Peter Jackson the Oscar. If he doesn't get it there is no justice in the world. And I fully expect at least nominations for Sean Astin and Ian McKellen, too.

It didn't feel like over three hours. If I hadn't had to use the bathroom halfway through, and then again at the end, I doubt I'd have realized how long it was.

Speaking of, it is all so good that there is no part of the movie worth missing to use the restroom. In most movies you can spare 5 minutes of filler. In this one, it would be nice to insert a short intermission so we could take it all in.

I'll be very surprised if Return of the King doesn't knock Titanic out of the #1 slot for ticket sales.

It will be a very long time, if ever, before an adventure of this magnitude is made again. Don't miss seeing it at the theater.
I didn't want to get into many details why the movie kicked ass because I don't want to spoil anything for you. :p
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

All hail the Mighty Xkot! Who is he???

Yup I'm a heathen I never read any of the books. Didn't really enjoy the movie all that much except for the Huge warmongering scene in part 2. As well as the comedic stylings of Golem.

So you can't really "spoil" it for me. Although it does look like a great Epic Even worthy of a Golden Globe. The Story was laid out long before the movie existed but they seem to have brought the world... hey now you got me doing a review and I haven't even seen the movie.
MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

Post by MCmasters_girl »

I live in San Diego, I am SOOO waiting till AFTER christmas to go anywhere near a mall!!!! I'm not crazy like everyone else here!
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

LOL, get this....small town Jamestown, ND (where I go to school) I had to wait in line to get a ticket....not for very long, but there were people there waiting in line for like 3 hours or more...I got there about an hour and a half before (just for the sport of it all) and I had no problem getting a ticket. The funny thing was....I don't think I have ever seen that theatre fill up as fast as it did. Even though there were more people there than I have seen in a North Dakota theatre, it still wasn't full...there were plenty of seats left.
All in all, it was awesome!!! I think I got the best deal anyway....I got the experience of waiting in line to add to the effect yet I didn't have to beat the crowds to get popcorn once everyone had piled into the theatre. By the time they let everyone in, we still had a good 15-20 minutes to chill or whatever....Eh...I just thought it was comical. Small town North Dakota....at it again!

By the way, the movie was excellent too!! Couldn't of had a better ending!
"If I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I'd be holding the galaxy!" -Unknown
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

Damn awesome movie! There was one scene in the movie that related to a deleted scene from the first movie. That didn't make me too happy cause I know not everyone has seen the special edition so not everyone saw it. Course they showed the scene so it seemed kinda redundent. Why didn't they just keep the scene in the first one if they had to show it anyway... Other then that I loved it. I can't wait for the special edition to come out!
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

go read the book ya lazy panseys!@!
You're not your character class
You're not how much gil you have in the bank
You're not the airship you fly
You're not the contents of your item screen
You're not your fuggin' armor
You are the all fightin' all spellcasting heros of the world
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

I have read the books. There are an additional 3 books that I may decide to pick up and read sometime. Am not sure though. I think its a pretrilogy to the LoTRs storyline.
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
Fvolfrine
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by Fvolfrine »

i think it was good, but Sluts Of The Clit-Ring: The Return Of The Prince (Albert) was far superior
stand tall, stand proud
every beginning is breaking it's promise
i'm having trouble just finding some soul in this town
TitanicMustSink
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by TitanicMustSink »

As far as I have heard, The Hobbit(of corse) is a preclude, and was actally written my J.R.R. Tolken, then, The Simurlion(sorry can't spell) is suppoto have come before that, but J.R.R. Tolken never finished it, so his son or someone did, and from what I have been told, you can tell the difference. Also, there are other books, that I do think are before it, but they where not really written by him, it was notes that he had taken, that someone else had gather and tranclated into books. With the books, you can tell the difference as well, from like say a sentence J.R.R wrote, to his son, or whatever.

NOTE: This is all hear say information, for my uncle who has read all 4 of the books, (Hobbit+LoTR all), this my not all be right, but my uncle is the type of person that he usualy doesn't say anything enless he means it, and it is true.

PS
Seen the movie opening night, yes I mean the midnight show, well 12:05 am, on Wendnesday 17. If was an awsome movie, good enough that I am actally thinking of going to see it again, after the C-Day rush. I can't give a very good review either, I don't agree with reviews, they ruin a move, all I can say is, if you like fantasy, (not that type) adventure, action, and maybe even a little romance (oh yeah, and hotties, of both sex, more men though) then go see it, even if you haven't seen the frist two, you can also rent them after if you must(they are also worth seeing, extened eddtions always better).
Person 1: Damn it! I just burnt myself with my cigar?

Person 2: Was it lit?
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Ok so I got around to seeing it yesterday by default. I really wanted to see Torque but Wallace Theatres is just weak like that.

It was cool, I got used to the whole fantasy thing after the first one. This movie flows allot better than the others. That and some of the scenes are just awesome because of the grandious scale of things. I thought the first was boring, the second was good only because of the battle scenes and the Third actually more of a movie. So I was able to actuallly enjoy this one.

I swore those Hobbits were little Homos untill the very end. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but seriously I was waiting for them to make out or something.

I'd complain that the movie was really Melodramatic and something can be said about living happily ever after but no one would really listen.