All American Rejects

Like to listen to music? Does it soothe your soul? Let us know about the music you like and maybe expand the horizons of others!

Moderator: Super Moderator

MCmasters_girl
Active Listener
Active Listener

All American Rejects

Post by MCmasters_girl »

I bought their Cd cause I liked the song "Swing, Swing", which is played on MTV and the radio. It's a very good song. My Top picks from the CD are Your Star, and My paper heart (which is especially good while driving!).
dancindanny
Troll
Troll

Yes'm

Post by dancindanny »

Why you COULD group these guys with every single ex-emo turned into power-pop group. I actually have respect for them. NOT because of "Swing Swing" (which uses overtones very nicely) but because of what they did.

You see kiddies, everytime someone releases an album on a low-scale independent album company which usually becomes bought out by a much bigger company, which usually does more than sell records, they take those albums and re-record, reproduce then re-release them as "a new group on the scene" kind of thing.

These guys produced their own album so well, their new record company Dreamworks Records didn't even feel the need to do that process. Not only that, these guys used on old Hammond B3 organ and Fender Mexi-Telecasters to record.

Anyone smart enough to use the Hammond B3 rocks ma-world.

Quote of the post - "If only we were all musicians...then I could actually get along with people" - Me
"Thank you very little"