FF XI

Anything relating to the internet, computers, or tech stuff is discussed here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

FF XI

Post by DarksideZero »

Final Fantasy XI officially rules I played for about fifteen muinets, and watched some other people play for I gues for an hour or 2, Import version that is fuck its bretty sweet I still have know idea how to do anything but when the english version comes out all you punks with no life should grab a copy and play, espsecially you MMORPG junkies who keep sighning on to your everquest accounts and hell just delete those accounts now

if your a FF junkie you should just go get an import copy and stary leveling now, its a really sweet game.
Shawn and Mike already know what I'm preaching here.

side note: hey shawn and mike if you havn't gotten through basic instalation and started playing already, the controler set up Liz & Greg had is way better than the keyboard and mouse controls
You're not your character class
You're not how much gil you have in the bank
You're not the airship you fly
You're not the contents of your item screen
You're not your fuggin' armor
You are the all fightin' all spellcasting heros of the world
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I have FFXI installed and running on my computer!

I have not gotten much time to play since we had it installed 2 days ago, but I'm a level 5 looking forward to getting around 13 so I can group with Greg and Liz. :p

So far the graphics are awesome, as Mike, Grant, and I saw down in Sac. The controls are awesome, it plays just like a PS2 game. I know the game at the current time is in all Japanese but as long as you understand where a few things are you can make do, it's just like any RPG game, you need to memorize what to use where, how to use it, etc. Once you've got a basic grasp you can play and get more in depth. I do know that when the american client comes out I'll get it and start a new character so I can go back and talk to the NPC's that I talked to and didn't understand. I gotta get the storyline! It's a necessity for me!
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

ah sweet and I hate you guys,

quick question did you set up the ps2 controler on your computer or just use the computer controls

I'd love to be playing with ya right now, but I got other prioritys
and my first computer concern is to get myself an uber sweet labtop, which brings up the question can I make a laptop sweet enough to handle a game like FFXI, last I looked at em you couldn't pay games cause the grafics always got screwed somehow, hmm I know I can get the specs powerful enough, its just whether or not it will work

grr I mostly need to stop being so lazy so I can get it together and start playing
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

To answer your first question, yes, we got the controllers to work so we didn't have to use the keyboard.

Secondly, the reason that most Laptops can't play games is because the cards that they install don't have 3D rendering software. That is one among other problems but is the biggest one of concern.

Best bet is to try and get a desktop to do any real hardcore gaming, but if you in the end want a laptop, make sure you go with a upper level laptop company. Might try http://www.alienware.com to see if they can support it.
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

I'll be a level 10 redmage by the end of today if not 11 :) Since Liz is going whitemage/summoner I decided to go Red Mage. The Red Mage is a lot like the Shaman on EQ healing and weakening spells are its bread and butter but its also got a few exlusive spells to boot. I get 2 mana regen spells :) On top of all this I also can actually fight my way out of a paper bag! I am going to go sub blackmage for when we group and sub war or dark knight when I solo.
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

woot Docs a master pimp, sweet deal glad to have you out of the robes, red mage actually gets some nice skills, enchanted weapons and elemental defence boost type spells are all he gets that are his only, but you get to cast faster that all hell so it will be fun. a black mage sub would go nice with the faster casting times, you can probably deal out some nice damage with that but your not getting many new spells out of it

well I'd rather be playing on desktop personally but for sea tours I'm going to have to have a labtop just for basic gaming, DVD playing and music playing usage, so I'm getting one anyway. If I can get one thats tricked out enough that I don't need a desktop, I save money and I can keep everything on one machine

yeah I already checked out alienware, they just came out with a designed for gamers laptop, so if anything works that will but I'm not the most fond of alienware cause their F***ing expensive, I ran some customizing and pulled just over $2700 for the thing I can probably cut down the price but I really don't know how good the system is for gaming

Edit -->*For a limited time only, purchase any Alienware system and receive a FREE FINAL FANTASY XI Beta Kit. Simultaneously join thousands of players as they explore the vast new world of FINAL FANTASY XI!
I just saw this while scoping out the new alienware labtop I'm not sure exactly what the hell it means but you get the new uber laptop and apparently you get something for FFXI kinda interesting how the whole thing makes a loop like that,
hey I need a laptop....might as well try to make gameing laptop......wonder if I can make one that will run FFXI so I don't need the desktop.....hey alienware has a laptop thats good enough to play games......WTF FFXI beta kit?!?!....looks like Its a good time to be in the market for a laptop

grr I want to start cuting stuff up with my thief, start raking in the good cash, bet you guys would like my passive thief skills for paying off some WP debt
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

ok so we changed stuff around a little. We got the American Version, canceled our old accounts, and now are on the Pheonix server. Our Linkshell is the Shirt Ninjas and Greg is of course our God :twisted: Currently I'm a lvl 12 red mage almost 13. Buzz doesn't play much but last I checked he was a lvl 13 war. Come play with me man! War and Red Mage can own! Hell if I can tank and have a thief back me up I do really well.

At the current time I am considering making a second character. This second character would either be monk/thief or vice versa and would either be Mith or Galk. Still really up in the air...
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted: