The Sims Online

Anything relating to the internet, computers, or tech stuff is discussed here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

Jen
Troll
Troll

The Sims Online

Post by Jen »

The Sims Online (TSO), widely anticipated after The Sims, a wildly successful computer game was released in 1999.

In case you are neither Sims nor TSO fan, here are the basics. You create and sustain all elements in a sim's life. When they eat, sleep, use the restroom, shower, socialize, play, exercise, learn, work, etc... And there must be a balance. Your sim can learn to cook by reading cooking books to increase cooking skill, which provides for more delicious, healthier meals which fill up sim more so than cheap snacks.

The more your sim learns and the more people your sim interacts and becomes friends with, the more successful your sim will become.

The original Sims game and its expansion packs were much more successful than TSO has become.

I personally purchased a brand new computer solely for the purpose of running TSO on it 24-7. But after a couple of weeks, it really lost its luster, and I felt myself not wanting to even sign on to play.

Part of the withdrawal from myself and other users is the fact that it is still in test mode. Daily, there are new upgrades and you are constantly having to download new pieces to the game. If you don't log on every single day, you may end up having several very large downloads a couple of times a week, which is no good.

Basically , TSO is a HUGE chatroom where your "character" has human requirements. You can play chess all day, but when your sim needs to take a potty break, you gotta get them to the bathroom pronto!

It's a fun and exciting game, though 9.95$ per month subscription , in addition to the 50.00$ price tag for the game itself, may not be worth it to some players.

If you'd like more info on this game, check out thesimsonline.com or post some questions or anything here and I will respond to the best of my ability.

Jen
That Joan of Arc is one tasty piece of bitch.
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

I might have to try the game sometime.

-MR.STRIKER; Been wishing I could feed tuna to one of the Simm's: since 1999
As the wicked stand confounded, Call to me; with thy saints surrounded.
Jen
Troll
Troll

Post by Jen »

If you buy the game for Test Mode, you can usually get a 60 day free trial (I am actually still on my free trial and have not been billed).

But it will still cost you the 50$ out of pocket, which should keep you entertained for a couple of days at least.

Another good thing about the game: Since it is paid subscription, less kiddos are on there screwing around. It's mainly 25+ adults just having a good time, clean and fun. Though there are "love beds" where you can have a sim-whore for a price...
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

Will do. Even though I'm 19 and below
Jen
Troll
Troll

Post by Jen »

It's ok. I am 21, there are many people who are yours and my age, but there is also plenty of people who are in their forties. :)
MR.STRIKER
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by MR.STRIKER »

Cool Cool , I realy have to try it out. How much is it a month?
Jen
Troll
Troll

Post by Jen »

it is 9.95$ USD per month.
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I was a beta tester for TSO. I'm an avid sims fan, but the sims games never really did it for me, I guess I have EverQuest to thank for that. EQ has burned out the flavor for most of the other games that I played, however WarCraft3 is coming back into play.

Any who, TSO is a fun game, but the main focal point of the game is creating a place that everyone will want to come to so that you can get money. When you are starting fresh on a new server it's fun because you race to see who can get to number one, but when you have 400 people with max houses and every game in the world, it get's boring. :(

Anyone that is an avid "The Sims" player that has all the expansions would probably have a lot of fun with this game.
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
Jen
Troll
Troll

Post by Jen »

IMHO, I didn't find TSO to be much like the Sims really, because all of the functions of each object changed when you added multiplayer option.

I remember the first time I played The Sims, Original, (before any expansions) and it was such a blast trying to teach Bob Newbie how goeth life.

I have been playing TSO all day today, trying to get back in the swing of things. Personally, I find the message board for the players of TSO at Thesimsonline.com VERY entertaining... I spend more time on the msg board there than the game!

Anyways. :D

Jen
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

I agree with you, I personally don't want to HAVE to sit on a game to make it work for me. With the sims you can play when you have the time and no matter what happens you're still at your last save point when you come back.
sexykiller187
Troll
Troll

Post by sexykiller187 »

sims online is a good game.well at first i did not like the game then i bought all the games and stated playing them.i'v only played sims online once and it was hella tight well i though it was im going to buy it but do u have to have a credit card to use the game ? it
was hella different from the ones that u play off line
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

You have to have a credit card to play or you have to use a pre-paid buyers card...that is if they even offer that.

The card was invented so that people below 18 could buy cards to pay for their subscription.
sexykiller187
Troll
Troll

Post by sexykiller187 »

Buzzman25 wrote:You have to have a credit card to play or you have to use a pre-paid buyers card...that is if they even offer that.

The card was invented so that people below 18 could buy cards to pay for their subscription.

thanks for telling me
MaudDib125
Forum Activist - Go you!
Forum Activist - Go you!

Post by MaudDib125 »

Played the game at Shawn's for five minuts and said screw it! It was just alright. I got The Sims for PS2 and that game was a blast. You had to meet certains goals and what not for your characcter and that made it fun until I beat it of course :)
EQ will probly always be my fav game with the Final fantasy Series not far behind!
Being driven slowly insane... One moment at a time. :twisted:
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Yeah I got my first taste of the sims on PS2 today cause my brother is up visiting. It was a little frustrating. When I was playing I realized that I had to actually clean up my crib in real life so then I'm like crap why am doing it on a game? So I do a little cleaning... Then it was back to Metal Gear Substance