Riddles...

Anyone and everyone can post here.

Moderators: Super Moderator, Moderators

TitanicMustSink
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Riddles...

Post by TitanicMustSink »

OK, I got another one, also, I figure this can be the place were anyone else can put there riddles, if you dig up any.

This one was sent to me in an email a long while ago, at the end it says to send it to 10 people and you get the answer, well when I finaly did, I never got the answer, no shoker there. Well, I read it again today, and I realized how much it really bugs me, so I decied to seek the intelect of the forum for help. Well, even chater from me, here..........

Paul Harvey RIDDLE:

When asked this riddle, 80% of kindergarten kids got the answer, compared to 17% of Stanford University seniors.

What is greater than God, More evil than the devil, The poor have it, The rich need it, And if you eat it, you'll die?
Person 1: Damn it! I just burnt myself with my cigar?

Person 2: Was it lit?
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Nothing
"This is at the bottom of every post" - 007Xtreme 3/23/03
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

Yep
DarksideZero
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by DarksideZero »

yeah fits all the criteria, must be the answer
You're not your character class
You're not how much gil you have in the bank
You're not the airship you fly
You're not the contents of your item screen
You're not your fuggin' armor
You are the all fightin' all spellcasting heros of the world
BigGunna
Insane Poster
Insane Poster

Post by BigGunna »

TitanicMustSink wrote:at the end it says to send it to 10 people and you get the answer, well when I finaly did, I never got the answer, no shoker there.
Looks like you had the answer all along. :lol:
Last edited by BigGunna on Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TitanicMustSink
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

<sigh>

Buzzman25 wrote:Nothing
That must be it, I mean like he said:
ZER0 wrote: yeah fits all the criteria, must be the answer
I was just kinda hoping that it would be something, well, a little more interesting then just "nothing". <SIGH> but I guess that's what you get from those stuipid chain letter type emails, a whole lota nothin. :evil:

Me and J.

Jen
Troll
Troll

Post by Jen »

Yeah, I don't exactly advocate the chain mailings. I mean, today alone I received 83 emails informing me that Bill Gates is going to send me 247 dollars and some change for every person I FWD that email to. HELLO. I do not FWD email first and foremost. Second, who the hell are these people who aren't my friend when I need someone to console me over a bad hair day, but the come rising out of the rafters whenever a chain email promises some form of payment, be it spamburger or cash alike.

I'm frankly ashamed to be an internet junkie when all I get is the same old poop in the inbox.

No more Chain letters!!

*cough, choke, drool*
That Joan of Arc is one tasty piece of bitch.
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

Hey, I got a riddle for ya!!!

Ok, two fathers and two sons went fishing one day...They all went out and had a great day of fishing and when they were done they took their catch and went home happy. Each of them were happy because each had caught a fish, however, only three fish were caught.
How does that work??
"If I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I'd be holding the galaxy!" -Unknown
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

There were 3 people 1 Grandfather, 1 Father, and 1 Son.

When you actually look at it the Grandfather is a Father to his son, plus the grandfather's son is a father himself so there are the 2 fathers. Now when you look at it again, the youngest son is one son, and the son's father is the son to the first son's grandfather.

Grandfather -- Father to person below
Father -- Father to person below and son to person above
Son -- Son to person above
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

Hmm....have a little trouble explaining that one Shawn???
lol, i'm just kidding...you got it right...

Ok, here's another one...

A man has three items: a wolf, a goat and a head of cabbage. On his journey he needs to get them across a river, however he cannot fit himself and more than one of the three items in the small boat to cross the river. Also, if he leaves the goat with the wolf, the wolf will eat the goat and the goat will eat the cabbage if left alone... How does he get every item across with out them eating eachother. In other words each item must be in tact on the other side i.e. the cabbage can't be thrown across the river...neither can the wolf or the goat for that matter...
"If I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I'd be holding the galaxy!" -Unknown
Buzzman25
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Buzzman25 »

Ha ha ha, if you want me to let someone else answer just let me know.

First off you take the goat over so that it does not eat the cabbage, then you row back. You then pick up the wolf and row to the side with the goat, from there you pick the goat back up and take him to the side you started on. From there you take the cabbage over on the boat and finally return to pick up the goat. You now have all 3 on the opposite side of the river intact.

Here's one for everyone else. It's from Die Hard 3, I amazed (or proved that I was a dumb ass) over at Kathleen's house when I figured this out.

You have one 5 gallon water container and one 3 gallon water container. Make 4 gallons, no shot for guessing because you're life's on the line. If you guess you die, there are two mathematical ways to solve this and I'm that lame to know both.
TitanicMustSink
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Well I don't knowthe answer, the funny thing is I usto own that movie, and watch it all the time, and I still can't remember the answer. I remember it being something that once I found out I kicked myself for, but I do remember the other one from that movie, it wasn't as hard to figure out, but then again they had a shorter time limit to figure it out:

When I was going to Saint Ives, I met a man with 7 wives, each wive had 7 sackes, each sack had 7 cats, each cat had 7 kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, and wives, how many where going to Saint Ives?

Buzz, hope you don't mind me putting one up after yours.

Me and J.

Post by Guest »

Ha ha ha, if you want me to let someone else answer just let me know.

First off you take the goat over so that it does not eat the cabbage, then you row back. You then pick up the wolf and row to the side with the goat, from there you pick the goat back up and take him to the side you started on. From there you take the cabbage over on the boat and finally return to pick up the goat. You now have all 3 on the opposite side of the river intact.
Nice job...it's ok if you answer them...

Here's one for everyone else. It's from Die Hard 3, I amazed (or proved that I was a dumb ass) over at Kathleen's house when I figured this out.
You have one 5 gallon water container and one 3 gallon water container. Make 4 gallons, no shot for guessing because you're life's on the line. If you guess you die, there are two mathematical ways to solve this and I'm that lame to know both.
Ok, this is just a guess, but do you just combine both containers to get 8 gallons then dump half of the amount into the empty container so you are left with 4 gallons...

Post by Guest »

When I was going to Saint Ives, I met a man with 7 wives, each wive had 7 sackes, each sack had 7 cats, each cat had 7 kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, and wives, how many where going to Saint Ives?
Only one..they were all going the other way...
RoRo
Forum Participant
Forum Participant

Post by RoRo »

oops, those two posts were from me, i just forgot to sign in...